• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Feeler Poll for Beach Off-Roading at the Outer Banks, NC

What dates could you make?

• Total voters

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Hey there Southern H4O members!

I was just reading an article in 4 Wheeler about 9 Domestic ORV trails that should be on your bucket list. As it were, the Outer Banks, NC, came up as one of them. Not having been in the state all that long, it likely would have eluded me had I not seen that article.

Anywho, having read it, it sounds like a blast. Many miles of easy/medium difficulty ORV trails, camping on the beach, a ferry to an island, and gorgeous scenery. My kinda adventure. :)

Please vote in the poll above for all the dates you would be able to make -- or feel free to make suggestions below for a different date. I have chosen October because I believe the weather will be most enjoyable by then.

Feel free to read about the OBX and what it can offer here:

http://www.outerbanks.org/outerbanks-beach-offroading/

http://www.outerbanks.org/outerbanks-driving-on-the-beach/

http://www.nps.gov/caha/planyourvisit/off-road-vehicle-use.htm

I'm hoping we can get a good turn out for this! Whaddya'll say?!

Commence the conversation!

08H3

Very worthwhile trip, however I must caution you that the links you posted are all for the northern Outer Banks. If you go to any of the destinations you listed for wheeling, you'll probably be disappointed. Don't get me wrong. A lot of it is fantastic scenery that is only accessible by 4wd, however there's nothing technical about it. I have never been there, however if you go further south past Ocracoke, you get into some more rugged terrain. I would still definitely try to make the trip though. Best area of the northern Outer Banks is north of Corolla to the VA line, and the far southern areas of Hateras National Seashore.

SC_Hummer_Guy

Mr. Sexy Sugar Britches
Honestly I'm okay with a stroll through the woods right now, pretty sure I have a bad CV thats about to go since everytime I drive I hear a clicking up front. That and I don't have UCP on the truck right now. Had to take it down after I slammed hard on it and bent it a tad, and now it won't line up right. But im having a custom UCP made when the upgrades are going on in a month, so I said F@#K It and left it off.

On that note also depending on when the trip is, the H3 may be in the shop getting all her beef, so I may be driving up in my new subaru BRZ, so is it okay to ride shotgun with someone? The GF can have the backseat haha jk.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Seriously! I say we just pick a weekend and if anyone wants to tag along than they are more than welcome. It definitely has the makings to be a great trip.

Sent using Tapacrack

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Hans, I have been vacationing in the O.B. since i was a kid. If you want to rent a 4X4 only house the prices are AWESOME this time of year. How bout' an H4O beach house? Im gonna try and call ya' not sure if I have the number anymore...

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I would not be opposed. We should chat tomorrow evening. Had to work late tonight and I'm bushed. I will give you a call on my way home from work tomorrow, unless you want to talk while I'm on my way around 7am.

LMK. I'll take a look at that PM you sent me in just a moment.