• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Does anyone have a broken CV joint from half shaft laying around?

RamRod

Hey guys!

I am just wondering if any of you have a broken half shaft on a shelf or in the garage. What I am after is the CV joint, preferably broken so I don't feel guilty tearing it apart.

This is what I am after:

6ce4d6a73682bf3c17b56f1884d87136.jpg

The reason I am asking is that I need one more (already have one) to make a plug so that I can pull my Diff out to re-build it, but still have the truck drivable in 2wd mode (4 hi lock with the front drive shaft pulled).

If not I will buy the cheapest halfshaft I can find on-line and cut it up, but I first thought I would check here.

Cheers!

atvspeed4

If you get in a bind just buy a cheap Chevy 1/2 ton CV it's the right spline and around $50 here so it won't hurt taking apart as bad. That's what our stubs are from

RamRod

If you get in a bind just buy a cheap Chevy 1/2 ton CV it's the right spline and around $50 here so it won't hurt taking apart as bad. That's what our stubs are from
Yeah that's what I was going to buy if it came to it, just thought I could help someone clear clutter while helping a brother out [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

RamRod

I’m on the east coast, but have a collection of cv shafts you can have for the cost of shipping.
Awesome I will check out the shipping & see if it's worth the money.

Can you send me your zip?

Thanks!

08H3

Ramrod obviously gets dibs, but if you still have 2 available afterwards, post or PM me shipping quote for a pair to 46804. Thanks!

RamRod

Thanks all for the offer to help. I ended up ordering a cheapo shaft from Rock Auto as it was the fastest solution at the lowest cost.... I can't wait to move off this island!
... only two more weeks!