• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Computer locations - what to watch for with water

autumn walker

Can anyone point out where the computers are in the H2? I want to know what to watch for if I'm in water (we have a lot of it around here).

I know the H3 had the BCM in the passenger footwell - anything that low on the H2?

mudbug

trail blazer
Don't really know on what computers are low mounted but you do have to watch out for the evap canister. I have been in water up to the body molding/grove on the doors and didn't have any problem except for water and mud sucked into the evap canister and then the truck wouldn't take any fuel at the gas pump.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I don't know of any way of deleting. If anyone does, let us know. I have two alternatives planned. The first would really be the best but a lot of work. That would be to extend all hoses and cables into the interior of the truck. The second would be to put it into a watertight container, and then run a breather hose into the cabin. Much simpler to do but you have to make sure you waterproof it well. Haven't done either yet since I've had other priorities, but definitely something I want to tackle.