• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Chocflip201's (eventually) Expo Approved H3

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
Just adding some pics to my build thread.

Won a little half-baja/half-rockcrawl race.

IMAG0152_zpskktb6xeq.jpg

IMG_20141013_182931_zpsdczqu7om.jpg

And hyper-extended my shock and bent my bumpstop bracket. I have a no questions asked warranty on all my Rancho parts so they were replaced at no extra charge.

IMAG0147_zpsaeqyzmuc.jpg

Then came home and put the doors back on and washed it. Cleaned up pretty nice for bein muddy all summer long.

IMAG0159_zpsxta2zc8s.jpg

IMAG0158_zpsv3ai5ldk.jpg

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
bahahahaha!! best response!

Only reason I am asking is I am looking at the eBay/Amazon route and cant deciede what to go with

They were $36.00 shipped for the pair, I got my OLB LED to fit inside,now I just have to wait for it to get dark to see how far in I can place my bulb to get the best pattern.

RamRod

good stuff you should post up pics if you can, I was interested in using LED's but heard that they don't project far enough out to compete with HID's.... but I'll love to switch everything over to LED....

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
good stuff you should post up pics if you can, I was interested in using LED's but heard that they don't project far enough out to compete with HID's.... but I'll love to switch everything over to LED....

[video=youtube_share;Eke1qpBg7r0]http://youtu.be/Eke1qpBg7r0[/video]

Terrible video quality because I am literally recording my laptop screen with my phone, and then had to upload that to YouTube. For some reason it wouldn't do this one direct from my laptop.

The cutoff line has a notch in it right in the center, you can kinda see it in the video, it's supposed to be there but I'm going to cut it out for a perfect straight line. I have loved my LED headlights but I think ill love them even more with these projector lenses. They have an electromagnetic coil mounted directly to the projector housing that runs the cutoff line by 12v. So apply 12v to the electromagnetic coil (thats what the red/black wires were in my last picture) and the cutoff line is gone and that's your high beams.

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
I used a laser to keep it straight around the corner Ha. It doesn't show up well on the window in the photo but when I got the sticker sheet up there you could see it no problem.

blurlaser_zpsnamuk8rw.jpg

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
Is it going to only be interior or is it going to be an exocage as well.

I have a rockcrawling competition at the end of May I am entering in, requiring cages. For this competition it will only be interior, (and not really too crazy of a cage either) and then after that I'll do a really mild exo.

The interior cage to keep me and any occupant safe in case of a hard roll, and the exo to not completely trash the body in the case of a flop.

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Have u seen hybrid cages? It's popular with the cherokee guys...that's what I want. I'm 6'5" so head space is at a minimum and not only if I roll I don't want to kill the body. Problem with internal on a hard roll on anything other then a vehicle with a removable top is that the body pushes into the cage making the body now useless. Yes the passengers are ok but I want the body to have minimum damage also. Problem with exo only is that it lacks good support from the B pillar area. With the hybrid it's hitting the pros of both the exo and the internal. The roof will be saved and the structural integrity will be fine because your running B pillar supports through the roof and seal them. Either way I can't wait to see this! Props to gutting the interior and just starting, that's half the battle