• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Burned and started over

MattySchep

Finally finished my 93' H1 last year, previous owner(s) did a 502 BB conversion. Had a Holley carburetor that was under-performing and inconsistent.
I swapped to a Sniper EFI setup and had about 3 pleasurable months.
That is until an electrical fire burnt it to the ground whilst driving. Total loss.
In March, I bought a 94, and gonna try this lifestyle again. Starting out easy with esthetics for now, and then will do an eventual Duramax swap...

MattySchep

20210606_160246.jpg

MattySchep

Appreciate that. With the market turning, it took more dough to get into the H1s again. Going to take what I learned on the. First one and hopefully have a more dedicated build.

MattySchep

Watching one's truck burn must have been painful. Sorry to hear, but glad you are back in an H1. Looking forward to following your mods on the new rig.
It was surreal and kind of not believable.
We were driving when it caught on fire and I figured it was overheating(which comes stock with a 6.5l )😄😁.
I also couldn't believe that it happened to me. I figured that is what happens to track cars, not something that goes 0-60 in 23 seconds.

MattySchep

Probably should post some updates now that I have had some time. Linex on the roof and started the powder coat of a lot of parts. Predator roof rack back on and cleaned up

Attachments

• 1467340506.jpg
    1467340506.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 82
  • 5982.jpg
    5982.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 93