• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Body lift?

H3HummerLineX

The rear gap I will lineX where is shows. The Rock sliders im going to angle up about 1 inch and weld in a close out so you will not see any frame..

Attachments

• IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    388.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Romeo

Stupid question but what's the reason for a body lift especially if you were using a Rancho 4" lift?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Romeo

^ gotcha , you did the body lift to clear 37's. But i believe some people on here have a Rancho lift with a body lift also? Is the main purpose to fit bigger tires or is there more to a body lift?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Panzer07

For what I gather 37's still rub against the fenders or wheel well when flexing. I know my 35's did prior to the rancho lift. 37's on stock suspension would definitely rub a lot without the body lift, not that they won't be rubbing anymore with the body lift when flexing but it would be less, also I believe turning radius would be compromise, since the fire will most definitely hit the side under plastic mold appliances, I believe that's why Darin removed his.

Torres

atvspeed4

For what I gather 37's still rub against the fenders or wheel well when flexing. I know my 35's did prior to the rancho lift. 37's on stock suspension would definitely rub a lot without the body lift, not that they won't be rubbing anymore with the body lift when flexing but it would be less, also I believe turning radius would be compromise, since the fire will most definitely hit the side under plastic mold appliances, I believe that's why Darin removed his.

Torres

That is only with aftermarket wheels. I am running stock wheels and 37" tires with 1" bodylift.

h3 on40s

Time will tell. When I only had my t-bars cracked and 1 inch body lift I would rub the frame and the fender slightly at full lock. I have 4.5 inch back space and 1.5 inch spacer but that was with 37 inch nito mud graplers. When I moved up to the 2 inch blocks I just rubbed the frame but the nitos measure 14.6 even though they say 13.5 on them

derian06

Red Rockett
Move DIY bumper fixed my 1" gap, because I moved the mounts one inch down. did H3on40's let you know how to fix the plastic bumper?

h3 on40s

Looks good. The blocks will do the trick but it just moves the gap from the top to the bottom. Hiding the gap on the bottom it much easier. If u go to h3 on 40s thread their r pics of my truck. I believe page 5 or 6. My winch hides the gap well but their r pics of it on 37"s without the winch and the gap is exposed, so u can see it will b easy to hide. Ur 3 looks great. I wish I lived closer to anyone on this forum. It would b great hang out and wheel with another h3. Also then people could see I'm not full of s#*t . My 3 handles 40 well and after 2 years on them I'm sill getting 14 mpg but again goodyear Kevlars areally pretty light tires. Very nice truck bubba.

h3 on40s

Just a thought, 2 pieces of Dimond plate and a couple small angle brackets. Paint it black. It would screw flush to the lip of ur bumper and the angle would fasten it to the grill. The larger center gap will help with air flo. Just a thought.

H3HummerLineX

I think that would be a little too much LOL. I was doing the measurements an the 1x12 or 13 inch wide single row light bars will fit in there nicely and I think it would look really good. I need to do something to close out that gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3HummerLineX

Ahh. Sorry. I was talking about the gap under the rear door. Lol

After the bumper mod a 35" will go in that space under the plastic bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk