• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3T Bed Rack for Hummer H3T in 2018

Alpha X

I've done some research lately, considering getting a bed rack and roof top tent for my H3T. Does anybody have suggestions for what's available in 2018 that could work in a H3T? I've searched for Colorado & Tacoma racks, and found some generic options, such as TracRac, Leitner Designs, or on RackOutfitters, etc. Looks like any generic rack might require some modification to work. Before I fabricate a rack, I'm seeing what's out there that I may have overlooked.

Traxx

The standard adjustable Colorado racks will fit on the T. Had one but was a pain to use.

RamRod

If you check out my build thread you can see the aluminum one I made, I think it turned out great and doesn't look "home made"

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I've done some research lately, considering getting a bed rack and roof top tent for my H3T. Does anybody have suggestions for what's available in 2018 that could work in a H3T? I've searched for Colorado & Tacoma racks, and found some generic options, such as TracRac, Leitner Designs, or on RackOutfitters, etc. Looks like any generic rack might require some modification to work. Before I fabricate a rack, I'm seeing what's out there that I may have overlooked.
Where are you located? I have one for my H3T that I never use anymore.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Alpha X

Will one of the new Colorado roof tent racks work with the H3T?

It looks like dimensionally it has a strong possibility of fitting. I don't know the exact dimension of the top of the bed rails on a new Colorado. A new Colorado bed rack wouldn't be built to take advantage of our H3T bed track system. I'm leaning towards fabricating my own bed rack that will take advantage of this.