• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Barnwell Mountain Texas January 25th

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Messages
1,149
Location
Ferris,Texas
I finally have a free weekend and am planning on heading out to Barnwell on the 25th of January. Post up if you are interested.
 

SickStringC

Well-Known Member
Messages
302
Location
Austin, TX
A bit far for me . . . :gaah:

Alex ... What's the issue? It's only 1,198 miles from Scottsdale and the drive on Interstate 10 is a beautiful and scenic drive - particularly around El Paso. ;)

It's 251 miles from my driveway so if I make it I'll definitely be looking for lodging Friday and Saturday night - drive up Friday after work and come back Sunday. Assuming I make it, any folks making hotel reservations yet and if so, where? Pittsburg and Longview appear to be the obvious choices that come up when I look for options, but they're quite a way apart from one another. I'd prefer to grab a room somewhere that I can easily join up with others that make it for socializing when we're not on the trails.
 

SickStringC

Well-Known Member
Messages
302
Location
Austin, TX
Is this happening? I may go get my January off road fix this weekend at HFAP. "Austin Jeep People" on Facebook have 147 confirmed rigs heading out tomorrow morning. :whaa:
 

SickStringC

Well-Known Member
Messages
302
Location
Austin, TX
I just made a reservation for Fri through Sun at Super 8 Longview/North, 203 N Spur 63, Longview, TX 75601 US.

I'm pretty sure Fru is in as well.

Cheers,

-Chris
 

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Messages
447
Location
Wyandotte, Michigan
Don't forget to have a current Texas off-road vehicle permit on your windshield.
I' m picking up my permit tonight at the Honda dealership, if you need on one post up here and I will get it for you, $16.00.

I will check back at the end of the day!

Calamitygirl
 
Last edited:

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Messages
447
Location
Wyandotte, Michigan
I just spoke to Christy, the manager at Barnwell Mt. She said they haven’t done much of anything with the trails in about 3-4 yrs. They are getting ready to do something, she just doesn’t know when.



They have all levels of difficulty and I can remember what was hard and what was easy but of course that has probably all changed. So we will just see how they have the trails rated, and go from there.



As far as accomodations they have two cabins (But they are already booked that w/end darn), but she said the two motels in town are under new mgt. and in much better condition and she has actually been on site and seen the rooms, etc.


http://www.executiveinngilmertx.com this one is a little nicer.



www.gilmerinn.com older, but clean and cheap.



 
Last edited:

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Messages
1,149
Location
Ferris,Texas
I hate to do this but I must cancel this trip. Life is getting in the way. I hope everyone understands but this is unavoidable.
 

TravisUsmc

Active Member
Messages
31
Location
Houston
Looks like I will be able to make it. i just Purchased my OHV license yesterday with TPW over the phone so they said 5-7 business days I will have it in the mail.

When and Where are we meeting up at? I will be in Dallas all weekend for a Getaway so I need a time frame of planning everything else around.
What time do you think it will start on the 25th and about what time will it end?

Anything special that I should bring? Emergence supplies. Recommendation of how many extra gallons of Gas? I have some 5-6 ft 12000LB rates Straps from work I will bring. And of course I'll bring Yeti.
extra ideas? Suggestions? Comments?
 

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Messages
447
Location
Wyandotte, Michigan
Travis please see Matt's post he had to cancel this trip, so sorry, but watch for new date!

When we do go if you fill up your truck with fuel you will be fine. Usual items, food, water, simple recovery gear, tools, parts if you have them, CB radio for sure and any creature comforts you may want to bring.

Calamitygirl
 
Top