• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Badlands - Attica, Indiana on November 5th and 6th

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a great group. 4WheelParts is good for tires and recovery type stuff and that is about it. Guess you can't hold that against them these days, not much to sell to the Hummer aftermarket these days.

H3DONIST

I just now saw this thread. I wouldn't mind going wheeling again. I'll talk to my co-worker and see if he might want to go as well in his 4runner (the one that broke his drive shaft at the cliffs). I would probably only be able to go for the day, but we'll see how my finances are.

H3DONIST

I'm thinking meet at the park at 9 a.m. to do preps and meet, then maybe start wheeling no later than 10 a.m. in case someone is running late.

Just a quick heads up to all you Midwest peeps, the Badlands is in the Eastern time zone, which means your 9am is their 10am.

FormerUser

Just a quick heads up to all you Midwest peeps, the Badlands is in the Eastern time zone, which means your 9am is their 10am.

Damn time zone thingy….

I won't know if I can attend until probably the last minute. I'm planning on staying in Crawfordsville (Holiday Inn Express - free room) on Sat night.

Dumb question - if I can attend this event, do I need a CB to communicate with while on a ride?

4speedfunk

08H3...good one! Bring a mirror and some matches...maybe they'll bow down and declare you their supreme leader!

A CB would be nice, but not mandatory. Mine sucks so hard, I usually shut if off...more a static noise-maker than a way to communicate. You will need a bicycle flag. They sell em there at the office but, they're cheaper at Wal-mart. I'll be there between 9am and 10am (4sf daylight time).

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I just now saw this thread. I wouldn't mind going wheeling again. I'll talk to my co-worker and see if he might want to go as well in his 4runner (the one that broke his drive shaft at the cliffs). I would probably only be able to go for the day, but we'll see how my finances are.

Hope you guys can make it! Good point about the time zone change. The plan is to meet at 9 a.m. EST.

08H3

Dumb question - if I can attend this event, do I need a CB to communicate with while on a ride?

I've never been with enough people, or had the desire to install a CB. I do have a portable, but it's not the best. I've used 2 ways in my outings with great success. I have 1 extra to use during the trip if anyone wants it.

4speedfunk

Hey 08H3...I'll be more than happy to mooch that radio from you again. You're the only reason I haven't bought my own!

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Here is the current list, and we’re only four days out. Anyone else in? Anyone out?

08H3 – H3
4speedfunk – H3
ADAMEKH3 – H3
AKsFZJ80 – Land Cruiser
albh3t - H3T
Avmech – H2

cgalpha08 – H3
H3DONIST – H3

H3nightrod – H3
hummerin – H3
Jason911 – H3
mkmcgreg – H3
Paladine71 – H3
Reloader – H3
spongebobnopants - FJ Cruiser
TrailBreaker – H3T

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Wow! That is really ****ing impressive! :thumbs: Great group there - that's what it's all about! Can't wait for pics and the trail report!

FormerUser

Actually, You going to have to make it 15 trucks. Much to my disappointment I can't attend. If nothing else I'll be there in spirit - even though nobody knows who I am. Take lots of pictures!

H3DONIST

I've never been with enough people, or had the desire to install a CB. I do have a portable, but it's not the best. I've used 2 ways in my outings with great success. I have 1 extra to use during the trip if anyone wants it.
If nobody has claimed the other handset, I'd like to call dibs.

08H3

If nobody has claimed the other handset, I'd like to call dibs.

It's all yours. Now I will tell you, there is virtually no chance that I am going to be there at 9am as others are planning, so you may be without communication for a couple hours. There's just no way I'm going to be able to get the family up and drive to Attica by 9am. PM me your cell number and I'll call you when I get there.

4speedfunk

I'm not sure which lot is upper or lower...but, you'll want to get inside the park as soon as you can. You'll have to stop at the main building, register and pay your fee, get your flag, etc....this tends to get very busy and it can be a real bottle-neck during peak hours. Once you get all that done...proceed into the park, past the restrooms and gatehouse on your left...Now you're in! Go a hundred yards or so (down a slight hill) and there is a great big staging-lot on your right (maybe the lower lot?). This makes a great place to meet because all of the congestion is behind you at this point. Now you can air-down, stow your gear, chill-out, etc.

Another nice place to meet is at the pond, which is directly across the main road from that same lot. Its a flat, sandy beach area where you can hang-out and stand around without being in the way of all the buggys, quad, dirt-bikes, etc. that are unloading in that lot. I'm with 08H3....I'll try to be there by 9am but, no guarantees. I will have the THORtrailer in tow, and parts available if anyone gets shoppy!

AKsFZJ80

The Upper Parking lot is behind the repair garage that they have. You go past the main building, and the turn is directly across from the gatehouse where they check for flags and that everyone has paid. Also, I should have plenty of good hi-res images, the person who is riding with me will have my camera, he's been great with it in the past.

Here's some pics from last time... Call it a peek of what is coming. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150126115086092.295511.542991091&type=1&l=b362de6069

Also this
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150126172561092.295535.542991091&type=1&l=b150a5f8c5

AKsFZJ80

Just thought of something...

Gents, I just thought of something esp for those who are coming from a distance. GPS units (in my experience) do not show the location of the badlands accurately. Google maps seems to be alright, but if you have problems finding it, I'll be at the McDonalds in Downtown Attica at about 8:45 am.