• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anyone ever use an Ultragauge?

sultanofswag

Member
Messages
5
Location
NW Iowa, USA
Was shopping around looking for a decent price on either a Bully Dog Watchdog or a Scanguage II when I came across Ultragauge. The best way to describe it is a cross between the Watchdog and SGII, no graphing capabilities, but lots of data can be displayed, four or six items per page with multiple pages available, in monochrome. It looks like it will suit my simplistic needs (MPG, temps, DTCs, HP, torque) at a delivered price well under $100. Can anyone offer feedback on this device? TIA!
 
Last edited:

LoJac963

Well-Known Member
Messages
491
Location
Surprise, AZ
I've never heard anything bad about the Bullydog but $300 vs $70...I'd for with the ultragauge honestly. I used to have dual Scan Gauges in my GTO and loved the hell out of those but navigating the menus can be annoying at times.
 

cna

Member
Messages
23
Location
new york
I used it and i love it i switch over from scandguage2 to ultra-gauge.Mounting has been tricky since its shape but i Velcro it between the steering column seems to work best for me. it updates quick and you can Customize the heck out of what you want to have it display
 

sultanofswag

Member
Messages
5
Location
NW Iowa, USA
Thanks for the input! I have decided to buy an Ultragauge, it will more than suit my needs and I just can't justify the added expense of other monitors. I really like the Watchdog's look, but the money saved will go towards something else in the near future.
 

rsc

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,087
Location
Tulsa
Looks cool. I didn't see it, but can it measure transmission temp?
 
Top