• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3T 5 cylinder frame vs V8 frame

Lemmcat

Probationary Member
I'm looking to purchase a new frame for my 2009 H3T but the 5 cylinder frame isn't available anymore but the V8 is. I'm assuming that the only difference is the frame engine mounts. Can anyone verify this. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Sounds likely but I don't know for sure either. I can't envision any other differences as the suspension parts are the same, the transmission crossmember is the same. Maybe different mounting points for the exhaust?

amrg

Do you have an estimate on the weight of that frame? Alrock pointed out all the main points, dont think someone doing a frame replacement will have issues sorting any little differences that may come up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lemmcat

Probationary Member
Thanks alrock! I'm finding out that the V8 frame isn't available anymore either. Mine has rust issues. I already started to repair then decided it would be worth it to replace. I found a used one in the Midwest but they wouldn't ship it. Probably repair so it can be used.