• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2017 Moab Black Sheep April 16-21

Reloader

Less than a month to go. Got regear done. Need to replace water pump and get cooling fans wired. Was able to get an Eaton e-locker rebuild kit from GM dealer overnight. Forgot to order it when ordered gears and install kits. It cost a bit more but had it in my meat hooks within 24 hrs.
Looking foward to seeing y'all again and the first timers.
The rebuild kit was $344 and included the 6 pins, 3 ramp balls and both halfs of ramps, the thrust bearing and plate and 6 springs and a snap ring. Little box o parts, big money. But locker no slippy now.
if you bought rebuild kit and electro coil kit and paid retail , you might as well buy new locker.

persius1

Hey guys I'm gonna have to back out of this year's trip. My company is eliminating my position and my last day of work is March 31. I'd love to be in Moab wheeling with everyone again, but I just have to be conservative with my money and look for a new job.

Marcus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
Speedy, how's the v-8 install coming along?
Took the weekend off from working on it:cheers:

Motor,trans and transfer case are in
Wiring is done
Computer shipped to tuner today
Fuel and evap system are sorted out

Honey do list:)

Exhaust
Transmission lines and cooler
Radiator plumbing
Ac-pump should be here this week
I'm sure a few misc things will pop up

And just to make sure i don't sure i don't run out of things to do.

We bought a house in NV. last week. :beer

Last edited:

Reloader

Took the weekend off from working on it:cheers:

Motor,trans and transfer case are in
Wiring is done
Computer shipped to tuner today
Fuel and evap system are sorted out

Honey do list:)

Exhaust
Transmission lines and cooler
Radiator plumbing
Ac-pump should be here this week
I'm sure a few misc things will pop up

And just to make sure i don't sure i don't run out of things to do.

We bought a house in NV. last week. :beer

Sounds like you are moving right along on it. It's coming to Moab , right??
where in Nevada ?
what brand A/C compressor? I need to replace mine. It's getting noisey.

Battle Rattle

Anyone remember me from a couple years back?

CG44O2y - Imgur (2).jpg

Chris and I couldn't make it up for last years meet due to schedule conflicts, but we'd love to hit a few trails this year if anyone is feelin frisky.
I think the current plan is to wander in through the Rimrocker Trail Saturday/Sunday and probably stay till friday.
Oh yeah, a few things have changed::horns:
f5JxZ1z - Imgur.jpg

-Hunter

Last edited:

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
Sounds like you are moving right along on it. It's coming to Moab , right??
where in Nevada ?
what brand A/C compressor? I need to replace mine. It's getting noisey.

Not sure if the Bebe monster will make it. Lot of new parts and mods with no time to test. We will be there for sure.We may bring the race RZR out or just bum some seat time
Moving to Dayton about 45 minutes south of Reno and 15 minutes east of Carson city.

AC pump is oem. Coming from a friend

SickStringC

To update the TX crew - We have the following confirmed:

3 JKs, 2 LJs and likely a rented RZR.

In town the 17th - 21st

Some are staying at the KOA south of town and the rest have a condo rented on Tierra Del Sol just south of the KOA. I'd still love to drop by the outpost for stories by the fire and to catch up with everyone!

Hunter and I are coming in on the Rimrocker trail (160 miles of back country driving off pavement that stretches from Montrose County Colorado all of the way into Moab); Anyone interested and coming in from the East is welcome to join us. Also, out of respect for H40 and Alex, we will coordinate with Alex on what trails H40 plans to run on each day and will not expect to run with the group as it looks like a gigantic group this year (which is awesome!); Should you all decide to break up the groups, we're happy to have anyone running with us who wishes to join us. Alex does an amazing job leading and spotting, it can be hard work and we're not looking to make it any harder for him than it already is. If anything, we hope to help make it easier.

Neo / Alex - any requests as far as Texas born beverages? Dripping Springs Vodka? Real Ale Devil's Backbone Belgian Style Tripel?

Looking forward to next month!!!!!!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Also, out of respect for H40 and Alex, we will coordinate with Alex on what trails H40 plans to run on each day and will not expect to run with the group as it looks like a gigantic group this year (which is awesome!); Should you all decide to break up the groups, we're happy to have anyone running with us who wishes to join us.

Too early to overthink it - it always works out, whether one large group on one trail, two smaller groups hitting different challenges, or some other combination. I enjoy the flexibility and relaxed approach everyone brings.

Hmm, Texas booze . . . How about a rye whiskey like .44 Rye? I'll reimburse you.

H32NV

Hey guys I'm gonna have to back out of this year's trip. My company is eliminating my position and my last day of work is March 31. I'd love to be in Moab wheeling with everyone again, but I just have to be conservative with my money and look for a new job.

Marcus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that, what industry do you work in? We are hiring.

H32NV

If anyone is coming from MN/WI, Can you bring a few cases of Grain Belt original? Can venmo right away or leave cash in Moab

Silverton34

I'm a little bit south in Iowa, I'll take a look and see if they sell Grain Belt here. I'm old enough to remember my dad drinking it on camping trips, wasn't known as the best quality beer way back then.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm a little bit south in Iowa, I'll take a look and see if they sell Grain Belt here. I'm old enough to remember my dad drinking it on camping trips, wasn't known as the best quality beer way back then.
Iowa is good rye country - is Legendary Rye easy enough to get? Or any other Iowa rye whiskey?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
As of now it looks like I am leaving on Friday so I will get there a day early and leaving on Thursday.

I am very excited!!! Kinda nervous driving out 750 miles by myself but **** it!!

I have 3 weekends to get ready including this one and today I am going wheeling, taking it easy. lol I have a list of maintenance items, drag link ends are getting a little play in them, my steering has been AWFUL after last trip and I found out why...I came down off a rock and bent my ram for my ram assist steering. The ram steering is fighting the ram. I will get a new ordered, already built a skid for it so I cant hit it again :cheers: Other then that I have a few ideas for my trans, it works fine just runs hot. so I will track that down.

So whos running Pritchett :mock::corn: