• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Missing Fuses 10 and 11

TonkaToy

Hello all, haven't needed to post for awhile (other than looking for roof lights) but I'm in the process upgrading my newly obtained '08 Hummer H3 Alpha to LED lighting. I opened up the fuse box to look in to tapping into a free 12v source and noticed that I'm missing a few fuses. Some I know are options I don't have ie. grill lights, roof lights but these two slots 10 (SPO) and 11 (Air Comp) I don't know whatcthey are for. Are these fuses that should be in there or are those options as well? TIA

Attachments

• 20240409_120317.jpg
    20240409_120317.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

Acer4LO

Ok so I have fully explored this topic before. So in order to use these fuses, what you need to do is find yourself a PT2094 Harness plug (OEM / Interchange Numbers: 88988653). This plug will plug into the buttom of the fuse box. This is a 8 pin GM specific plug that came in the kits of all OEM Roof Lights, Grille Lights, and Offroad Roof Lights. Unfortunately, these plugs have since been discontinued so you are going to have find one used. There could be a few places still online that have this plug for sale. If you happen to go to a junkyard with an H3 in to, you can find these plug connector under the power seats or behind the glove box (part of blower motor harness)

HERE IS THE PIN OUT FOR THE PT2094 for use in the OEM fusebox

Pin 1 = Fuse 43 - Running Lights - Side Marker/Front Running Lights - 10 amp

Pin 2 = Fuse 10 - SPO Ignition (Accessory Shared) OEM Lower Grille Lights (Relay Pin 86) Relay Trigger Only - 10 amp

Pin 3 = Fuse 4 - OEM Offroad Lights Relay Harness (Relay Pin 30 and Pin 86) Relay Trigger and Roof Light Power - 20 amp

Pin 4 = Fuse 11 - Air Compressor (Not used for anything) - 25A

Pin 5 = Fuse 2 - OEM Lower Grille Lights Relay Harness (Relay Pin 30) Relay Grille Power Only - 20 amp

Pin 6 = Fuse 10 - SPO Ignition (Accessory Shared) - 10 amp

Pin 7 = Fuse 10 - SPO Ignition (Accessory Shared) - 10 amp

Pin 8 = Nothing Here - No Pin Present

SPO FUSE 10 connects to Retained Accessory Power (RAP) RELAY
Retained accessory power (RAP) is a power mode that permits the operation of some accessories for up to 10 minutes after the ignition switch is turned OFF. The RAP power mode is enabled by the body control module (BCM). Take your stock or aftermarket radio for example. Even though you have taken the key out of the ignition the radio still remains on until you open your door.

PIN number #2, #6, #7 all share the same SPO Ignition 10 amp fuse which is Fuse #10

FUSE #11 Was never used for anything. I think GM was planning to add a little dealer installed air compressor at some point but that idea never came to be soe you have a free 25amp fuse

Doc Olds

They are using your fuse block, and have independent fuse protection for the tapped circuit and the added circuit. He is adding LED lights that typically have low demands. Better than a used no longer available plug IMHO.

He was asking for a solution, I offered one. There are many ways to skin a cat.

TonkaToy

Thanks for all the good info that's helpful. I am finding there are many different ways to skin the cat. The main thing I'm wanting to tie in right now are these LED side markers. It is plug and play into the side marker light for the orange function but it also has a white light that will act as a daytime running like. So my plan was to do it like you did Acer in your 7in LED headlights video tieing intonthe fuse box with a 12v "add a circuit min tap" like Doc Olds is suggesting. Is that a good plan?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_213907_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_213907_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 14