• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Pulled codes PO307 and PO357

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
So our h2 with 70k is throwing the above mentioned codes.

PO307 is a misfire in cylinder 7
PO357 is ignition coil error.

Strange thing is that i just tuned the vehicle back to stock settings (originally has mileage xs save on it) an the codes went away...suggestions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
So our h2 with 70k is throwing the above mentioned codes.

PO307 is a misfire in cylinder 7
PO357 is ignition coil error.

Strange thing is that i just tuned the vehicle back to stock settings (originally has mileage xs save on it) an the codes went away...suggestions?

Are you saying it is currently throwing the code? Or are you saying it threw the code but when you brought it back to stock settings (which I am not sure what 'stock settings' means, did you have a perf program?) the idiot light went off?

If the light is on, it is a VERY good indication coil 7 is bad since a bad coil 7 will give you a misfire in cylinder 7. You can confirm this by swapping the coil between cylinders and the DTC should change to the new cylinder. If the light is off, and the active code does not come back...wait till it does, or consider a proactive approach and do some maintenance.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Are you saying it is currently throwing the code? Or are you saying it threw the code but when you brought it back to stock settings (which I am not sure what 'stock settings' means, did you have a perf program?) the idiot light went off?

If the light is on, it is a VERY good indication coil 7 is bad since a bad coil 7 will give you a misfire in cylinder 7. You can confirm this by swapping the coil between cylinders and the DTC should change to the new cylinder. If the light is off, and the active code does not come back...wait till it does, or consider a proactive approach and do some maintenance.

The codes go away for a few min when i change between tune settings. (Using the superchips cortex) but then they come back. The misfore code comes on rarely but the bad coil code is always on. I had begun to suspect that it was just the bad coil causing the misfire. Im probably going to do the swap as you suggested. Thanks F5.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I figured with that combo of codes it meant you were to shoot cylinder #7 with your .357 and see if that does the trick. :)

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Well, i swapped the coil for cylinder 7 with cylinder 5 and cleared the code. Then drove it around and no codes have popped up. So my question is, could something just have wiggled loose and by swapping them i fixed that, or does it take awhile for something like that to kick in?

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Well i spoke too soon cel came on with code po355. Which if in assuming correctly is the coil for cylinder 5.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Well so far so good. Thanks to all who gave pointers! Nothing like an engine that runs smoothly :)