• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello From Michigan

GMOG78

Hello from Michigan! My wife and I purchased a black 2006 H3 with 140k. It has both the Adventure and Luxury packages, headrest video monitors, sunroof and roof mounted lights. I repaired the usual 30+ issues that comes with a 15 year old vehicle. Everything was good until the STAB SYS TRACT FAILED light came on. After that so many warning lights came on it looked like a 70s disco. Trailered it back home and got out the scanner. 4 codes and 3 other warning messages. Did a visual inspection of the engine. Everything looked good until I got to the air filter. The air filter had not been installed properly and a mouse had built a nest in the sideways filter. Nesting material had made it into the motor {throttle body had paper hanging from the butterfly valve}. I removed and cleaned up the top of the motor. Replaced plugs, gaskets, air filter, etc. Cleared the codes. The Hummer runs like a champ now. I was on another Hummer forum. It was promising at first but turned out to be poorly ran by some loud mouth know-it-all and a couple of minions. Watched them attack some decent people. I hope this forums not as hostile.
06 Hummer (1).JPG

GMOG78

Thank you rascole, Korby7 and 3Hummers for the warm welcome. No doubt this is the best Hummer forum on the interweb. Here to learn and help if I can. I retired from General Motors Lansing MI site in 09. We built a lot of cars over the years [mainly Oldsmobiles]. Worked a variety of jobs primarily in General Assembly. Mainly in the glass area. Shout out to any current and former GM people. I always wanted a Hummer and found this one. The grand kids love it.
06 Hummer1.JPG
06 Hummer2.JPG
06 Hummer3.JPG

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Wait, I'm a loud mouthed know-it-all but I really don't have any minions, so I guess this is a better place.

Glad you're here and that you could find such an easy fix to make your H3 great again. Really clean looking truck!

GMOG78

Thank you H3Humer and alrock. Black and chrome is one of my favorite color combinations. I was lucky enough to find this one.

GMOG78

Hello AlphaDon.,
I cruised through Lowell on my way to Grand Rapids years ago. Cool small city with a great business district. That's a good looking Hummer you have. Welcome to the forum.