• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The Hummer Club Inc. October 2021 Windrock Trip

Acer4LO

Hey everyone! I went to the Hummer Club Inc. 2021 Windrock event and here is a recap of our trip. This was a 2 day event on October 8th and 9th 2021.

[video=youtube;UnGlDTNWmVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnGlDTNWmVU[/video]

Here are some pics as well:
Full Album Here: https://acer4lo.smugmug.com/Wheeling-Trips/Windrock-2021/

Windrock 2021 Drone Photos_00000.jpg

Windrock 2021 Drone Photos_00008.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00100.jpg

Windrock 2021 Drone Photos_00013.jpg

Windrock 2021 Drone Photos_00014.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00106.jpg

Windrock 2021 Drone Photos_00028.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00082.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00125.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00098.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00145.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00010.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00169.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00131.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00033.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00096.jpg

Windrock 2021 Acer Windrock Photos 2021_00083.jpg

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember Hummer Club events that were all H1s. Times have changed. I showed up at my first HCI event in my brand new 2003 H2. Many of the members wouldn't even talk to me.

Acer4LO

I remember Hummer Club events that were all H1s. Times have changed. I showed up at my first HCI event in my brand new 2003 H2. Many of the members wouldn't even talk to me.

Oh dang. Yeah it isn't like that now. Everyone is really nice and they don't have an elitist attitude. Most of the time at these events H2s and H3s make up the majority of the group.

Kurt

Yeah the H1 only vibe was still pretty strong during the last trip to Moab I went a few years back. It was to the point they wouldn't even let a hmmwv come out to play. Guy showed up with one on a trailer and the group was like "nope". The whole trip something felt off and after that I went with the H40 trips since then :). And I was on the board of directors at the time.

The print magazine back then was killing the club, it was costing a huge amount of money for some reason because it was set up back during the early H2/GM days when all the GM dealer networks contributed money and brought memberships for new owners.. the club shrunk down and for some reason they never ditched the expensive to produce magazine. I'm guessing they must have ditched the print run of Azimuth by now or at least made it an e-zine or something.

Last edited:

Acer4LO

Yeah the H1 only vibe was still pretty strong during the last trip to Moab I went a few years back. It was to the point they wouldn't even let a hmmwv come out to play. Guy showed up with one on a trailer and the group was like "nope". The whole trip something felt off and after that I went with the H40 trips since then :). And I was on the board of directors at the time.

The print magazine back then was killing the club, it was costing a huge amount of money for some reason because it was set up back during the early H2/GM days when all the GM dealer networks contributed money and brought memberships for new owners.. the club shrunk down and for some reason they never ditched the expensive to produce magazine. I'm guessing they must have ditched the print run of Azimuth by now or at least made it an e-zine or something.

Woah I never knew they had such an elitist attitude to the point where they wouldn't let a HMMWV come. I mean, if you paid for the event and you have a Hummer or HMMWV you should be able to come. They are still doing the magazine to this day. They are doing both a print magazine and you can also access the PDF version of it online if you login with your Hummer Club Inc. account and have an active membership. I think they are only doing the magazine like once a year now. They did cancel last year's magazine though because of Covid or some type of crap. Pretty sure a lot of my pictures from this trip will be used in the magazine because the event coordinator and some of the board members didn't take that many pictures. I went ahead and submitted them to be used for the magazine and found out a little bit more about how they are made. So as of now, basically they are having a printing company create the entire magazine and they just upload pictures and the actual text like stories form the trail and testimonials from members. If the members or board were designing the magazine themselves it might have been a lot cheaper to do.

But yeah, I have gone to 2 of their events now at Windrock and had a great overall experience. Everyone was nice, helpful, and respectful. I did see that they recently did a Hummer Club Inc. event in both Moab, Utah and Durango, Colorado and the entire group at those events were made up of H1s. It seems like more of The Hummer Club Inc. events out west are made up of H1s and in the South most of them are more H2s and H3s as of now. But yeah I would definitely recommend coming to Windrock Park with the Hummer Club Inc.!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that Mod Mafia is providing support at the Moab event for THCI it is more like the old days when AMG was involved. MM is oriented primarily to H1s and they have modded quite a few. Mark is a good guy. After the incident with Dan Micks a few years ago a lot of THCI members quit.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Thanks for the pics. Only got a bit of way into the video. Only did one HCI trip once and when the going got rough, the H1s disappeared, except for one dude named Jim that helped get me out of a 100 yard snow field when I got high centered as the lead H3. Those other H1 owners weren't so kind to not H1 owners, and I've been waiting for the reckoning day. Glad it's arriving, at least for some of the local clubs.

I'm stoked that you've had such great experiences!

Acer4LO

Thanks for the pics. Only got a bit of way into the video. Only did one HCI trip once and when the going got rough, the H1s disappeared, except for one dude named Jim that helped get me out of a 100 yard snow field when I got high centered as the lead H3. Those other H1 owners weren't so kind to not H1 owners, and I've been waiting for the reckoning day. Glad it's arriving, at least for some of the local clubs.

I'm stoked that you've had such great experiences!

Yeah it was a great time! On the trip, when some of the Hummer owners broke something, everyone stopped and waited for it to be fixed before moving on. No one was left behind to try and fix stuff on their own. Between everyone in the group, there was more than enough tools and parts to fix mechanical problems. Also some of the guys attending the 2021 Windrock event as well as the event coordinator actually did a pre-run of the trails the day before the event to make sure it was good for everyone. It was really nice that they considered this because we had a few brand new members who didn't have much offroad experience. So we only did trails that everyone was comfortable doing which was great for some of the vehicles with less modifications. It definitely wasn't a situation like "Hey newbie try to keep up with us", it was instead "Let's make sure everyone gets through the obstacles". So yeah overall I have had a great experience and I am excited to come back to Windrock next year!