• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Qualified Fabricators to Take On Crazy Build Wanted

GMotley1

Hey guys!

Just purchased a sweet little 2009 H3 that's about to go under the chopping block! I've followed some builds for a few months now, spoke with a few people, and now it's time to pick the brains of some of you out there!

Little info about the team and goals of the vehicle: The vehicle will be one of my personal vehicles (The other is a long travel Silverado). Our team is literally too busy to pause one of the race trucks/utvs for this and I am reaching out to outsource some fab work.

The overall goal is to run 40s, link the front and rear, GM Dana 60 front and 14 Bolt Rear (keeping electronics on without throwing codes), running an upgraded fuel cell in the rear (> 30 gal) and much much more.

If someone is interested (and qualified) in taking on this build, please DM me.

CaseyS

V8 swap plus solid axle. Thats a big bite to take. Starting with an alpha would make this build an order of magnitude easier.

Whats the budget you have in mind for this?

Ryan212

Mount Logan Offroad in Logan Utah did the SAS and axles in my truck when was built as a Sema show rig for the original owners. This was likely the first SAS H3 as it was built and shown at SEMA in October 2006.

I purchased the vehicle already built, no idea on cost, several magazine articles listed the total vehicle build in the 6 figure range.

GMotley1

Luckily, the build will be through our race team, and we are getting the parts for everything at well under cost. I looked into the Alpha, but honestly I the mileage and vehicle condition of this one was just too good to pass up.

My father-in-law just purchased the new Colorado with the new "baby duramax" in it. He's trying to decide if he wants to pull that and run a blown ls7 (similar to the Roadster Shop build) and if he pulls the trigger on that, I'll scrap the LS platform and throw that bad boy in there. IMO that diesel is a hell of a lot better then the 4BT and lets face it, 700 lb-ft torque is just an awesome feeling when you throttle down!

V8 swap plus solid axle. Thats a big bite to take. Starting with an alpha would make this build an order of magnitude easier.

Whats the budget you have in mind for this?

GMotley1

I'm going to take a look at them this week. I'm on my way back from Florida right now and haven't had anytime to call/email anyone about the build.

A fellow offroad shop, in CA, just purchased an H3 that they plan to build up. From what my friend has told me, they don't plan to go near the extent as some of the builds on here. I'm curious to see the ending result.

Do you have any pictures of your H3? Would love to see their work.

Mount Logan Offroad in Logan Utah did the SAS and axles in my truck when was built as a Sema show rig for the original owners. This was likely the first SAS H3 as it was built and shown at SEMA in October 2006.

I purchased the vehicle already built, no idea on cost, several magazine articles listed the total vehicle build in the 6 figure range.

Ryan212

No, mine is yellow/orange, More pictures are online if you search for "Bully Dog H3D" on google

I will have to get some pictures of the suspension, it is currently raining and dark out.

11895167_10204824234582119_6994469188089415249_o.jpg.

Ryan212

Yes, it originally had a huge tube bumper and a winch, both were removed before I purchased it. The ARB was installed, which fits the lines of the truck better, but due to the radiator modifications, I cannot run a recessed winch with it.