• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tried something new this year to celebrate the new year

Big2dabank

Happy New Year everyone, I have been wanting to build a backyard theater behind my pool for a couple of years and I finally pulled the trigger just in time for our new years eve party. Basically, the day before the party, so I had to put the order together in a hurry, thank you Amazon Prime, same day or next day shipping. Unfortunately, I got a little over zealous on the screen size and ordered an Elite Screens DIY 236" to hang behind my pool. I missed the mark by a couple of inches and the screen hit the ground, so I order another screen that fits my pool enclosure better and will use some 1" EMT to build a frame so I can assemble and disassemble easily. The projector is an Epson 2040 and is exactly what I needed for my application, plenty of light output and great image quality, since the distance from the projector to the screen is about 21 feet and at that distance the projected image is around 200". It turned out pretty good for a first time rough install. I'll perfect it a little more over the course of the year.

Screen size was a little to big, this was at 5:30 on new years eve after I got things setup for the first time and I was trying to figure out ways to get even tension on the screen. The screen is 118.5" tall and 208.3" Wide, freeking huge. My wife was not as impressed by the sheer size of this screen, "Are you nuts" were her specific words.

attachment.php

Panoramic of the party right before the ball dropped.

attachment.php

Right after new years.

attachment.php

The screen I just order is from Carlofet.com and similar to this one, should fit my application better. 9 feet x 16 feet with 214" vertical image.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 161
  • hanging-kits_category-image_415x311.jpg