• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Police and Abuse of Power

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
What? You are a Moderator therefore I expect you to be above all of us in terms of diplomacy and tact but with this snide comment you don't seem to be diplomatic or peaceful at all because you are harassing and calling me a derogatory insult such as "troll" and you are accusing me to be another person. I joined this forum to converse with other like minded H owners and this topic is relevant and is posted in the correct sub forum so please leave me alone and go about your moderation duties as you should.

Who ever said or decided that a forum moderator needed to be diplomatic and tactful? You come here and post an inflammatory post and assume that we are "like minded HUMMER owners". A word of advice: Sometimes it's better to lay low and use a little "situational awareness" before you speak.

Many HUMMER owners, especially the ones on this forum, many of whom happen to be LEOs, do not share your views.

This is your second warning from a second moderator. You will not receive a third. Trust me on that one.

Woodtick

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 276
F

Freddy

Ok so I am way out of line but User Woodtick can post an extremely vulgar image with the word "F*ck"?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Woodtick is displaying better "situational awareness" than you are you. You made your point. Most people on here are going to disagree with you. Move on to the next topic. How about a thread about your Hummer.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Sorry, but I see a guy claiming to be from Montana with IP addresses from Colombia whose only posts are designed to raise needless arguments on a forum. That's the definition of a troll, goodbye.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Big2dabank

The last ticket I received was several years ago, and admittedly, I was in the wrong "on paper", but it was a traffic signal/situation that was not clear and I was not familiar with. I was coming to an intersection in which the left two lanes had a stop condition, but the right lane had a continuous green arrow to move traffic straight through this very busy intersection with out stopping.

attachment.php

So as I approached the intersection the left two signal heads turned to the red phase, the two cars two my left stopped, and cars were coming into the intersection from the side street to my left, so I stopped. I never once noticed the small green arrow. Once I realized I could continue through the intersection (only a few seconds) I went through the intersection and to my surprise I was pulled over immediately after the intersection for of all things, stopping at a green light. The officer was a young patrolman who's obvious job was to catch people at this very intersection doing the exact something that I did. I tried to talk calmly and courteously to him about the situation and he told me to shut up so he could issue me my citation. I was pissed, but I kept my head, closed my trap, received my ticked and said thank you. I could have easily blown my top, but where would that have gotten me, most likely a lot worse off.

I fought the ticket and won in court, no points, no violation , etc. The point is, the patrolman was doing his job and was carrying out his orders from his superiors, I'm sure he gets an earful everyday, I get it. Thats why I kept myself calm, however, its so easy go let yourself get flusterd by the situation and allow something so minor issue to become a serious confrontation. Thats were I think most of these situations go south. My parents raised me to respect law enforcement and my kids will do the same and because I am generally a good law abiding citizen, I suspect that I will never have any real problems with law enforcement.

Its kind a simple really, if you aren't a criminal, don't act like one. If you are a criminal, then I don't feel sorry for you, you deserve what is coming to you. Karma is a mother f'er.

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
No worries. He was a dickweed and they don't last long here. The membership here leans very heavily pro law enforcement and military.
Hummer owners in general are a pretty conservative group. Lots of active duty and retired military and LEOs are members here.

Woodtick

I'm not a Leo,just a guy with respect. I'm just a pipe fitter with 46 years of experience. I also did a few years in the Gulf with the Navy. I come from a long line of Lawyers, grandfather,greatuncle dad and a brother or two. I was always taught to respect authority,and to settle it in court. Like I said before,you play with fire,you will get burnt! The other saying my Dad pounded in my head,keep looking for trouble,it's about to beat your ass.

scoreh3

To all of you , Servicemen & women , LEO's , Firemen & women and all other first responders out there , THANK YOU for your service .

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn, I missed all the fun.

You know, I am all for a healthy discourse over differing opinions.....Even if it sometimes get's rough.

But this became pointless pretty quickly.

Glad he is gone.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Damn, I missed all the fun.

You know, I am all for a healthy discourse over differing opinions.....Even if it sometimes get's rough.

But this became pointless pretty quickly.

Glad he is gone.

A day late and a dollar short. Knew where this one was going. Didn't even get much of a chance to jab at him like normal.

Neo

Badfish
we have a self perpetuating police state feeding an industrialized prison complex, you don't even know how F'd you are. we're just a bunch of amphibians in a slow boiling pot... move to the boonies and Stay under the radar, that's all i can say... :mock:

Highatop

Respect and stayin out of the system is what I'm tryin to teach Steven and tell his friends. So far so good. He is 19 this year and he is doin way better then I did at that age...

mantracker

I don't know when some people are going to learn... First and foremost, "Obey the law", and second, Just do what the officer request. If you don't agree with the officer, fight it in court, not on the street. It doesn't take, but a split second decision that may turn out good , or bad for all involved. That decision may make you a hero, or a " bad cop" in a instant.