• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wiper Blades?

crank

The Master Blaster!
OK, I've tried to install the wiper blades on the H1 for days now with no luck.
The blades that are on there now are 11" Anco. I bought a 11" Duralast front blades set and they will not fit. They even have the adapter for the pin type blades and I can not get them to fit..
Any ideas on what to get that actualy fit? Does anyone have a part number?
TNX

crank

The Master Blaster!
Thanks H.I.
Does your wiper arm have that freaking "pin" end like mine?
Wiper End.jpg

Will the blades you got at Amazon fit this without problems??
Thanks again guy.

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Mine has basically the same end as you have pictured. I had to do a little fenegling to finally figure out how it fits on, but otherwise they fit on like nothing:thumbs:

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I finally figured out that with how much I have to replace windshields, I just have the Safe Lite guys take care of the blades while they've got it all apart. Costs a couple bucks more, but save alot of hassle. I think blades are designed to be easy to replace, and something just goes wrong from there.

crank

The Master Blaster!
I've seen some sources showing a 12" blade and in others it shows 11". I measured mine and it's 11". I checked the blade swipe on the windshield and the blade end just about touches the window frame. If I go any bigger, the blade will hit the frame. I guess if I move the arm one knotch over.

crank

The Master Blaster!
The picture I show is from some website. I'll take a pic of my ride's blade arm. It has a flat piece on top that makes the replacement even tougher.

Mine has basically the same end as you have pictured. I had to do a little fenegling to finally figure out how it fits on, but otherwise they fit on like nothing:thumbs:

Sircode13

Thanks H.I.
Does your wiper arm have that freaking "pin" end like mine?
View attachment 3213

Will the blades you got at Amazon fit this without problems??
Thanks again guy.

What year are you replacing the wipers on? Mine is an "02" and they're nothing like that on the end. At the end the arm is shaped in a "U" and you just push up on the whole blade, disengaging it from the arm. Then you take the new blade (rubber blade, and metal housing all one piece) and pull down on it to lock in place. I got the new wiper blade from Tustin Hummer when they offered it free, yes I said free at the start of the rainy season. Which never happens here in CA as the song says. I just changed mine last week. I can take some pictures, but from the looks of your picture either someone changed the original equipment or when GM took over they did. :eek: :beer: :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

crank

The Master Blaster!
I have a 97 Wagon. On some of the websites they say to use 11" and others say 12". I did measure the old blades and it was 11.
Now... I went to the local auto store and bought the ANCO 31-12 blades. They actually snapped on great! When I start them up, the end of the blade hits the top of the windshield frame on both blades. I took off the arms and rotated them both 2 notches CW, They work great now without hitting! I've upgraded to the 12" blades! Yea! They may have been the 12" before and for some stupid reason they went to the 11". Only the Shadow knows...
On another note... The guy at the local O'Reilly Auto store said I bought the last 2 ANCO blades in the store. He said they will no longer carry ANCO. They will start carrying TRICO blades. I didn't ask him but is ANCO Wiper Blades going out of business or is this a O'Reilly Auto thing??
Thanks guys for the help!

What year are you replacing the wipers on? Mine is an "02" and they're nothing like that on the end. At the end the arm is shaped in a "U" and you just push up on the whole blade, disengaging it from the arm. Then you take the new blade (rubber blade, and metal housing all one piece) and pull down on it to lock in place. I got the new wiper blade from Tustin Hummer when they offered it free, yes I said free at the start of the rainy season. Which never happens here in CA as the song says. I just changed mine last week. I can take some pictures, but from the looks of your picture either someone changed the original equipment or when GM took over they did. :eek: :beer: :)

crank

The Master Blaster!
BTW... This is the picture in the H1 Parts Manual
Wiper Part.jpg
I'm guessing but I'm thinking that the wiper arms change after 2001. Some of the websites call out a different wiper blade from 2002 and above. I really don't know for sure.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Not sure why not all wiper blades manufactures have the same setup. The Duralast hole was smaller than the ANCO. The plastic clip to lock the pin in the blade frame was also too small and would not close. I don't get it... Lesson learned... ANCO worked.

If the blade doesn't just pull out use a flat screwdriver and pop it out. New one should pop right in.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Hey HummerInvestment...
Got to ask you a question....
What is the connector on the end of your wiper arm? Is it a J hook or pin?
You can see what I have on this posting http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?1725-Wiper-Blade-Skipping!
I have a pin connector and I bought the blades you show here. They don't fit. It may be because I'm missing the right adapter, but nothing in there seems to work. The only blade that seems to fit is the ANCO and that sucks.

Just curious on what you have.
Thanks Guy.

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Hey HummerInvestment...
Got to ask you a question....
What is the connector on the end of your wiper arm? Is it a J hook or pin?
You can see what I have on this posting http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?1725-Wiper-Blade-Skipping!
I have a pin connector and I bought the blades you show here. They don't fit. It may be because I'm missing the right adapter, but nothing in there seems to work. The only blade that seems to fit is the ANCO and that sucks.

Just curious on what you have.
Thanks Guy.

I've got the same wiper arms as you. The first time I installed them it was hard, but after the first time it was easy.
Here are some pics of mine.
IMG_20120210_155742.jpgIMG_20120210_155818.jpgIMG_20120210_155810.jpgIMG_20120210_155702.jpgIMG_20120210_155736.jpg

crank

The Master Blaster!
That sure looks like the little booger I have. The same adapter too. Is that the double wiper blade you got on Amazon?
I think one of my problems is the little tab on the end that extends over the top of the blade. I try to snap the adapter to the pin but the tab gets in the way. OH Well.... This shouldn't be rocket science. Thanks for the pics.

I've got the same wiper arms as you. The first time I installed them it was hard, but after the first time it was easy.
Here are some pics of mine.
View attachment 3408View attachment 3410View attachment 3409View attachment 3406View attachment 3407

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Have you tried just pushing the blade on with the adapter flat on? on how it would be hooked on? I just pushed mine on, not try to clip them on. I have the same blades that I showed you in the amazon ad.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Yeah....... I got to be doing something wrong for sure, but that's pretty much standard operating procedure for me.... If it doesn't have a wire hooked to it, I'm in trouble. :) (I'm a Electrical Design Engineer)

Have you tried just pushing the blade on with the adapter flat on? on how it would be hooked on? I just pushed mine on, not try to clip them on. I have the same blades that I showed you in the amazon ad.

Kurt

I had severe problems with the rampage and scrubblade wiper brands, they are very similar in design.

Mine fell apart on the first rainshower while driving, and it ended up scratching my windshield! I took them off and put on generic anco 12" wipers and plan to send them back to the manufacturer.

The problem is the entire wiper is 2 individual blades held together by the plastic endcaps, they fall off and then the assembly falls apart.

Dave over at Blue Hummer was going to sell them as a kit but he told me he noticed the same QC problems on his...

Use them, but keep a spare set of normal ones in the truck in case they fall apart on you.. :(

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
I had severe problems with the rampage and scrubblade wiper brands, they are very similar in design.

Mine fell apart on the first rainshower while driving, and it ended up scratching my windshield! I took them off and put on generic anco 12" wipers and plan to send them back to the manufacturer.

The problem is the entire wiper is 2 individual blades held together by the plastic endcaps, they fall off and then the assembly falls apart.

Dave over at Blue Hummer was going to sell them as a kit but he told me he noticed the same QC problems on his...

Use them, but keep a spare set of normal ones in the truck in case they fall apart on you.. :(

Interesting, I've got a friend in Sioux Falls with an H1 that has no complaints, and hasn't had them fall apart. Interesting....:huh:

crank

The Master Blaster!
I just bought those Rampage twin blades now and will keep an eye out for the breaking apart thing. Thanks for the heads up.
I am also thinking of getting a pair of the PIAA silicone blades. I hear a lot of good things about them.