• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wiper Blade Skipping!

crank

The Master Blaster!
Hey All....
I just replaced my wiper blades and they worked pretty good for the first 30-40 mins. The blade in front of me would start skipping. It would skip with fog mist, heavy rain, and everything in between. The wiper speed doesn't matter. Slow or fast I get skip. The highest fast speed is somewhat better, but there is still some skip.
I don't know if this is something that everyone sees with thier ride or not. It sounds like a damn machine gun and is pretty loud.
Does anyone know of any tricks that can stop the skip?
TNX

hummech

see if you have the old style wiper arms or the new ones. the old ones are flat to the windshield and the newer style are curved to put pressure against the wiper blade to the winshield. AM General re designed them for that reason.

crank

The Master Blaster!
I have the flat arm. Can you buy the new curved type?

see if you have the old style wiper arms or the new ones. the old ones are flat to the windshield and the newer style are curved to put pressure against the wiper blade to the winshield. AM General re designed them for that reason.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Got a question..
I tried looking for that part number in the CD parts catalog and can not find it. Do you have any info on it?
Also, the arm I have now has the pin to connect the wiper blade.
My 97 Wiper Part.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Does the new arm have the pin or the J hook connector?

jhookArms.gif
For some freaking reason, the only blade I can find that fits the pin is the ANCO. Even my wiper arm says ANCO!
Let me know what the new arm looks like and I'll get it.
Thanks Guy!

yes we can order them for you. part# is 6012641 and you cost is $31.66 each.

hummech

it is a j hook style wiper arm. we use the 12 inch anco blades and they come with a plastic bag with the addapters to mount them on the post style. the new wiper arms won't be listed on your disc because these are up grades and will be on the later disc. your disc will show replacment arm for what was available that year.
mike s.

Last edited:

crank

The Master Blaster!
Thanks Mike! The J hook is normally super easy to replace the blades. It's weird that some new blades don't have pin option.

it is a j hook style wiper arm. we use the 12 inch anco blades and they come with a plastic bag with the addapters to mount them on the post style. the new wiper arms won't be listed on your disc because these are up grades and will be on the later disc. your disc will show replacment arm for what was available that year.
mike s.