• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Upgraded Driveline / Transmission UCP?

autumn walker

So I have managed to destroy my factory driveline UCP. Pulled it off, welded in some 1/4" checker plate, put it back on, bent it again.

What are you guys doing with your driveline to protect it? I'm getting tired of pulling my stock UCP off and reshaping it so it doesn't vibrate off my exhaust!

Zach

Mall Crawler
The stock UCP is flimsy. Bent mine up into the exhaust a few times. I am now running the Rubberduck UCP. It also protects the transfer case. Expensive, but very solid

Zach

Mall Crawler
Here's a picture of mine before it went on the truck
4d246b190647__1297451142000-1.jpg

Here's a picture installed and after some use

DSC00213.jpg

Last edited:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Funny, I am just now designing a Knight Metal Works "H2 UCP Up-Armor System"! It will be 3/16" steel with stiffening reinforcements.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Aside from what Scarsman may come up with, the Rubberduck seems like the best deal. I've watched H2s abuse it and have it remain intact.

Kurt

The Rubber Duck kit is nice, it's designed like the H1 style UCP.

If you use plate, use something smooth, checker plate will catch and add too much surface friction vs a smooth plate or a lattice of thick strong round bars.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Mine will be smooth. I don't have all my final figures yet, but I can say they will be much more affordable than the rubber duck ones.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk