• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - Bishop, CA - August 10-11

Mr_Rich

Good luck Craig! I wish I could make this run. I'd bring shovels and my DeWalt cordless reciprocating saw to help with the brush clearing. I have cut and hauled 16 loads of brush this year and yesterday I hauled a load of firewood. All cut with my trusty cordless saw.

IMG_20130804_162409_zps9b660ae4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm going to have to get one of those. The last time my friends and I went camping up in the high country we were huffing and puffing when we were cutting wood...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I've got some bad news. Work didn't give me the time off for work because 2 other people in my department requested this weekend off so this week I have tried to get someone to cover me but had no luck.

Craig and Zach, I plan to contact you guys after bishop. Maybe we can get a gold mtn run going or a newbie run at Gorman. There are some new obstacles there and we have had a decent amount of so cal guys join up lately.

I assume next weekend trip is sleeping princess? Ill be there for that.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Sorry to hear that, Chris. We will be coming back go Bishop in the future, no worries.

I just pulled into town. The weather is gorgeous! In the high eighties with a little smoke still lingering. Watch your speed once you are in Inyo county. I saw many CHPs in plain white Chargers hiding off the side of the road.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Zach

Mall Crawler
I am out! With everything thing this week, I would have had to drag my daughter along. After a fit and no convincing her. Grrrr teenagers

Have a fun and safe trip everyone! Take lots of pictures. Bummed I'm not making this.

cbetts

NERD!!!
All went well today we will be there Craig. Did you pre run anything today? If not I'd like to just wing it. It's all good !

Mike

Bishop Chris did some scouting up Westgard pass. Silver/Wyman Canyon should be fine. We still need to prerun Wheeler. Bishop Chris is going to ride shotgun with me and bring along his chainsaw. I just want to make sure that a particular tree isn't in the way. Call me when you are ready to go. Would like to leave Bishop no later than 12:00. I plan on to have already eaten lunch before we leave. We should be back in town in time for dinner.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Panzer07

Unfortunately I'm out for this run, as I mentioned I have drill this weekend and I was gonna be excused for Sunday however my promotion paper got approved and I'll have to take a Physical Test On Sunday...and I don't wanna mess this up, hopefully I will join you guys on this run next year, I was really looking forward for this run.
Wish you all the best, I'll be posted and waiting for this run pictures.
Good Luck Men.

cbetts

NERD!!!
After doing the prerun, I have decided to change the night run to Silver Canyon. Wheeler is posing some new challenges this year. There are a few spots eroded away, requiring some spots. I will have details prepared during the safety meeting for the Wheeler trip @9:30 AM.

Sorry, but it will be a LONG night doing wheeler with just a few people.

Kurt

I'm doing a late departure to bishop [right now] I'll be rolling into town around midnight to 1 am.

/edit

I'm cancelling out. Trucks good to go, but I wasn't 100% sure on going and hotels for tonight are booked up. I don't want to drive 4 hours before dawn then go out on an all day run, I'll be too tired, so I'll bug out and come on the next bishop trip. I need a few hours shut eye before I go wheel :)

Last edited:

owlxxx

we just got into bishop. getting snacks at vons. and my bros front diff started leaking so we are trying to get that handled.

cbetts

NERD!!!
we just got into bishop. getting snacks at vons. and my bros front diff started leaking so we are trying to get that handled.

For those that do not know where to go, we should have a convoy leaving the Chevron on the north end of town no later than 9:00. I will be out and about early to pick up Bishop Chris and head over to Subway to get lunch for the road and then over to Chevron. We may be starting a little late while we wait for Serge to drive down from Mammoth

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Trying to send family do do some tours, then I don't have to get rental for tomorrow.
Let you know what happens by 8am tomorrow.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Bummed! Heading up Wheeler today a popping noise started up in low range, looks like my T-case is going away. Safe back in Bishop.

Mike

Unfortunately Wheeler is somewhat notorious for the tcase. Glad you made it back down. Get with me Monday and I will get you a price. The 4.10 is the cheapest way to go

poncho1965

Unfortunately Wheeler is somewhat notorious for the tcase. Glad you made it back down. Get with me Monday and I will get you a price. The 4.10 is the cheapest way to go

I have the 4:1 Tcase, are they usually repaired or just replaced? Plastic shift fork even, 06, first major failure.

Mike

owlxxx

well, just got home @ 12:40am. We had a great time but unfortunately the trip had to be cut short. I really wanted to do the whole weekend but my brothers transmission blew out.