• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Recent H1 Open Top Rollover

Expendable

So if you're not on the HML, here's a little background on the truck.

a member of the HML around last Halloween wanted to be rid of his debt on his truck and was behind on the upkeep for her. so he posted it on the HML for $6,000. yes, 6 grand, 6K, etc. so a gentleman in Colorado purchased this open top sight unseen.

Then decided to make a project out of her. ended up what seemed to be a frame off restoration on her (not quite but seemed dang close). this was the first shakedown trip for her. I believe this was in Durango or Moab. I can't quite remember. but as you can see in the video it is highly customized.

if you want the full story please read this 15 page long thread about the truck
http://www.hummernetworkforums.com/...&start=0&sid=87917dd53650b4633c98e8ccab5a0192
(you need to be a member to be able to read the forum

[video=youtube;chCmbKp2bkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chCmbKp2bkY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Not sure what is more unbelievable...the $6k or that weird momentum-to-roll over.

Sent with Tapacrack

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Without signing up on that forum and reading the whole story.........

3 things: Awesome spotters. That dude obviously has more money than brains. And I bet he drove it home.

Kurt

Thats my old roll bars on that rig. Yeah it's not a 6K truck anymore not with all the work that went into it.

Kinda wondering about that angle, when I went with THCI run on those trails, we did them and didn't have any crazy bad incidents. On the other hand we ran those climbs and dips at a 90 degree angle.

Scarsman

Sponsor
What exactly did he expect to happen? Of give him $6000 for it!

I have to say, I do like the truck. At least before that. Except maybe the orange inside.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eric breaks more stuff than the entire H1 community apparently. One of the only guys I know who brags about how much **** he breaks. I think he likes to think of it as extreme wheeling. Most of us call it something else.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Without signing up on that forum and reading the whole story.........

3 things: Awesome spotters. That dude obviously has more money than brains. And I bet he drove it home.

Or loaded it on a flatbed in downtown Moab with a forklift while holding up traffic. :)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Eric breaks more stuff than the entire H1 community apparently. One of the only guys I know who brags about how much **** he breaks. I think he likes to think of it as extreme wheeling. Most of us call it something else.

Makes sense, I watched some of the other videos. zero throttle control going up potato salad and even the escalator.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
And I bet he drove it home.
Or loaded it on a flatbed in downtown Moab with a forklift while holding up traffic. :)

u4a9esav.jpg

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

cdarveaux

That actually really sucks, he completely rebuilt that truck only to have it roll on its first run. It looks like he didn't really sustain any major damage but you know H1 guys they are like master mechanics they know how to fix their stuff. I think he also ran another trail after that lol

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
That actually really sucks, he completely rebuilt that truck only to have it roll on its first run. It looks like he didn't really sustain any major damage but you know H1 guys they are like master mechanics they know how to fix their stuff. I think he also ran another trail after that lol

Hard to feel sorry for some people. He is very knowledgeable and will and can repair the truck but the things he does do not make much sence to me.