• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

T-Cases

M

MUTAINT

My 8th grade english teacher once told me "Procrastination is the thief of time" Well it is but it doesnt matter anymore! I am now a AAA member. I will act like I dont have it for one year so I can upgrade next year and have alot more tow miles.

Did your 8th grade english teacher also tell you "a lot" is actually two separate words?:wink:

Just kidding, anyway CBphoto did the base to adventure t-case swap in his Alpha T and he did not have to do any "re-learn" procedure. Without lockers he "crawls' over most of the stuff my locked H3 does. There are some portions of trails that he has to take a different line or may need a little "yank" to get over but it has made a definate improvement! I can't comment on the I5s, only have exp. with the Alpha.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I'm so proud of you!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

However, the only benefit you can't use for 1 year is towing. Don't forget to ask for the AAA discount. "AAA gives you discounts on everything from shopping, to dining, to hotel accommodations, to car repairs, even to prescription medications. Participating businesses offer discounts of up to 10, 20, even up to 30 percent." I usually save more than the cost of my membership on AAA discounts.

Now you can move on to #2 on the list.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Lol, sorry I will remember "a lot." Thanks for putting up the link and reminding me mike, otherwise I would have forgot again. I will also look into the discounts, you really like to help me save :) thanks for looking out for me. MU, that is good to hear, it should hopefully help me alot. I have the 3.5 and alot of weight from skids and gear. I need the low end gearing! The 2.64 gets through most but there have been some hills where I definitely could of used the 4:1

reaper

Back to the original question: a quick story from my experience.

My tcase failed... the gears were stripped from a dumb-ass shop (NEVER take it to "any" transmission shop for a rebuild, and ALWAYS demand to inspect the guts before it's put back together!), and when it did, it refused to switch into 4wheel low. It did work fine in 4 wheel high, but that isn't going to get you up a steep hill if that's what's needed to get home. But once I hobbled back to the highway I was able to drive it home, and I had some jeeps around that were willing to tow me up if I couldn't get out in 4 wheel high.

Steve #1

I don't know if it was REQUIRED or not but I do know that something was reprogramed when my BW4493 was replaced by the dealer with a new BW4493 and that is with a manual trans.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Something was programmed? The tech could have reprogrammed the BCM/TCM/ECM, etc., just to get extra time. Not unheard of with many techs and dealers. However, this is from the GM information on how to program the modules:
Transfer Case Shift Control Module Transfer Case Control Schematics Transfer Case Shift Control Module Replacement This device requires no programing or setup.

It is from a chart, and they are linked to the items noted. Hard to explain, but I guess when Alrock appears, I will pull the information up and prove it in person that this is what GM states for the TCCM. If you refer to the parts manual you will find there are two as I previously stated (part numbers were - they do change over time - 24234134 and 24234135).

Steve #1

I'm not doubting you F5. I worked at a dealership for a while so I know how that works. It's prety much a dumb part and was the same as the one they replaced.

Is the Transfer Case Shift Control Module on the case or is it the part that is inside the dash by the passenger side door?