• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Shocks

patriotbrewer

I plan to replace/upgrade shocks on my '09 H3 C.E., it has Bilstein B8 5160 reservoir monotube(front) & 5100 monotube(rear) from 2016. The T-bars adjusted to 23.75″, w/35″ BFG KO2s. I ordered the Schwarttzy HC Leaf Plates & 2″ Extended Shackles…looking at the Fox 2.0. Also, looking at Fox 2.5 DCS 883-26-035 (Front) & 883-26-038 (Rear), both have similar dimensions and travel but, they are adjustable…Do I need to consider extended travel and length shocks, when replacing, like an additional 2 inches or so of travel and length?

Doc Olds

Welcome

2" shackles would at the most create a additional 1" of movement or resting position since the shackles are only at one end of the leaf, and I believe it would be less than that (maybe 3/4-7/8").

I absolutely love my Old Man Emu Nitrocharger shocks. Direct replacement lengths, which is just a tad longer in the front than OEM Adventure shocks. I have Warrior Shackles that are appx. 1" to level heavy loads. When empty the rear sits about 3/8" above the factory set.

patriotbrewer

Welcome

2" shackles would at the most create a additional 1" of movement or resting position since the shackles are only at one end of the leaf, and I believe it would be less than that (maybe 3/4-7/8").

I absolutely love my Old Man Emu Nitrocharger shocks. Direct replacement lengths, which is just a tad longer in the front than OEM Adventure shocks. I have Warrior Shackles that are appx. 1" to level heavy loads. When empty the rear sits about 3/8" above the factory set.
Thank you for the reply and your input - I really appreciate it. I was looking at the OME BP-51s, but they didn't offer the mounting options for our H3s.

I decided on the the Fox 2.5 DSCs and I am changing out the lower eyelet mount on the Front and installing the correct size clevis, ordered from the service department.

I'll attempt to document and share it here on H4O.

patriotbrewer

I'm super excited, like a kid at Christmas, I'm looking forward to getting the parts...my big goal is to restore/refresh to factory conditions with AC Delco and Genuine GM parts for certain things and improve some of the performance aspects with mature and well thought our components and knowledge from the H3 community - thank you!

650Hawk

I'm running the Fox 2.0 on my Alpha (torsions at 23.5, BFG 305s). They are a bit stiff on the road, but work nice off-road. Curious to see how the 2.5 DSCs work for you.

aspen

i went with re arcing my leaf springs don't like extended shackles plus gives you a choice how much lift you want.