• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Salt Lake Hangover Run

skeptic

I guess I missed this... Haven't checked the Rockies sub forum in a while, but I'm itching to get out somewhere. Mountain trails are going to be snowed in for a while, but maybe a weekend trip to your favorite desert areas? I'm out of town this coming weekend (3/10 3/11), but if you set something up for a following weekend I should be able to join.

skeptic

Hold that thought. There may be some changes to what I need to do. Possible that I'll only need to work an hour or two fairly early and be able to go play.

skeptic

Looks like I'm back in with one caveat. I have to be back home by 4:30pm so it needs to be a morning/early afternoon run.

deserth3

Anytime is good for me. I'll be screwing up my sleep schedule regardless what I do. I just need a time and place to meet.

skeptic

Sounds good. Looks like my plans are changing slightly again... They are pushing out my work time a bit, don't need to be back until around 7pm. Of course, still not confirmed, but it's looking fairly likely. I also may have someone else coming - not a hummer, but an older lifted 4x4 truck. I don't think he's ever been offroad before so the desert should be a good easy starting point.

I forget exactly where you live, so just post up where and when you want to meet and I'll be there.

deserth3

I live in Sunset.
Last time we met a McDonalds on Hillfield Road. That would work for me.

Want to meet at 9am? That would put us out there about 10am. Bring lunch. Also bring CB if you have one.

skeptic

Since I'm in Clearfield, edge of Layton just off Antelope the McDs on Hill Field sounds like a good spot. Unless something changes again (very doubtful work will change the times again) I'll be there, CB in hand.

deserth3

Mudding out there is not a good expereince. It's like driving on greese. When I first bought the truck I got in a hurry and took it out there. Just sitting at in geer at idle, the truck did a 180 on it's own. I almost couldn't make it 30 feet back to the road.

I really think it's better if we put off this run.

skeptic

Mudding out there is not a good expereince. It's like driving on greese. When I first bought the truck I got in a hurry and took it out there. Just sitting at in geer at idle, the truck did a 180 on it's own. I almost couldn't make it 30 feet back to the road.

I really think it's better if we put off this run.
I was being tongue in cheek about the mudding part.. Now that I finally looked at the weather forecast I have to agree. It looks like it's going to be miserable. Mudding in FL on a warm day = fun. Mudding when it's 60* and windy where the trails get stupid slick = not fun.

Lets check the forecast tomorrow afternoon just in case things change, but if it still looks like rain on Saturday or rains all day tomorrow, we will call it officially cancelled.

skeptic

Ok, I'm ready to call it. Forecast still calls for rain today, tomorrow, Sunday, and possible snow for Monday. Instead of wheeling I'm going to go to the Sportsman's Expo down in SLC tomorrow.