• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Need better front end protection?

Woodtick

So I bought the wife new tires . This bull bar on the urban assault vehicle was ment for deer hits for up north,when we didn't take the H3. As you can see,deer are not the problem,it's the ass bags parking by her. She also parallel parks in Chicago . This will be the third time I have to pull the bull bar to straighten things up. Looking for better protection,to cover the entire front end. Before you say it, the wife always parks away from the crowd .she is OCD when it comes to scratches or god for bid,dents. Any advise on a product that gives true protection?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 127

derian06

Red Rockett
So I bought the wife new tires . This bull bar on the urban assault vehicle was ment for deer hits for up north,when we didn't take the H3. As you can see,deer are not the problem,it's the ass bags parking by her. She also parallel parks in Chicago . This will be the third time I have to pull the bull bar to straighten things up. Looking for better protection,to cover the entire front end. Before you say it, the wife always parks away from the crowd .she is OCD when it comes to scratches or god for bid,dents. Any advise on a product that gives true protection?

Thats not an H3 is it? Thats like a jeep patriot, commander, or liberty.

Woodtick

It's a commander, and the week link is the trans cooler/ radiator under the bumper. There is 0 protection with out that bull bar. A fat raccoon could take it out. The front end approach is sad on this jeep. No,I can't lift it,my bride is only 5-1"

SuperBuickGuy

put spears on the front?
lift it and make your bride wear heels? :)

joking aside, the bumper is doing its job if all you have to do is pull it back straight - you don't want it to be too solid for a couple reasons 1) what will bend next is more expensive to fix; and 2) if you make it too solid and she gets into a serious, front end crash you run the risk of the airbags not deploying (or deploying too late). Though, I'd honestly consider welding a 4" wide flat plate at about the level it's getting hit so that when it does get hit, it cuts the bumper of the car that hit it, perhaps weld a bolt or two vertically so it pulls the bar back straight before it pulls the bumper off the braille parking idiot...

Last edited: