• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Memory seat acting weird

The_Mountain

So for the last couple of weeks or so, I have noticed that every now and then I'll come out in the morning and the drivers seat will have adjusted itself to either the "exit" mode, or at least have adjusted away from the position I usually keep it in. I'm pretty sure I'm not hitting any of the seat controls when I get out. What might be triggering this?

Big2dabank

Not sure, I had the same error for a while, it would not remember how my seats were set on memory 1 and memory 2 and when I would get in after my kids screwed it and hit memory 1 it would go straight into exit mode or cram me into the steering wheel. I turned off express exit so it would not automatically go into exist mode when I turned off the key, you can adjust that setting in the DIC. So if it gets messed up again, I still have to adjust it manually and then hit/hold memory 1 and it will keep that position when I lock and unlock the truck, but if I hit memory 1 again all bets are off. Strange issue, I thought about spraying some contact cleaner in the buttons, but I never got around to it.

The_Mountain

I appreciate the info. The memory buttons on the door were acting kind of wonky for a while, and I finally stopped using them. Maybe one or more of them are making intermittent contact and causing the seat movement.

glpd74

I'm the same as big. Never really dove into it so can't help, just pretend it's a land rover [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the battery was disconnected or lost power for a short moment, holding low charge, the system can go into factory reset, which will do the automatic exit mode sequenc.

The_Mountain

If the battery was disconnected or lost power for a short moment, holding low charge, the system can go into factory reset, which will do the automatic exit mode sequenc.

If that were the case, I'd expect to see things like the clock resetting and other settings also reverting to factory defaults, which isn't happening.