• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Global Warming Believers SONNED!

LagunaH1

I read about a study by NASA that, using satellites built specifically for this purpose, had found that:

• Yes, we are emitting a lot of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere
  • Those gasses DO make the earth warmer
  • The vast, vast majority of that heat is emitted into space and therefore:
  • The net warming of the planet is MUCH MUCH less than what alarmists claim
http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-gaping-hold-global-warming-alarmism-192334971.html

If we for argument's sake assume that NASA is right (which I happen to think they are..... they are after all rocket scientists) then I'm pretty happy. I always liked sane, reasonable non-biased science and data. In my layman's opinion, it's hard to argue with data collected over 10+ years by a NASA satellite built for that very purpose

Last edited:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
The largest influence on the temperature of the planet is the output of the sun, which is known to vary over time.

The polar ice caps of Earth and Mars are both shrinking, so it stands to reason that the common cause is the suns output, since greenhouse gas emissions on Earth should not affect planet Mars.

The conclusion is the planet is warming, it just isn't our fault!

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
So with all this global warming, the arctic could be the new tropics!

I think I should start looking for Ocean front property in Alaska.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I agree with portager. I personally think the sun goes through its phases of hotter and colder periods. Maybe the feds are all using this as an excuse for us to hop into one of the 5 new prius models so we can lessen the emissions :)

skeptic

I'd like to believe most educated intelligent people are aware of climate change. Whether or not the average global temp over the last 10 years vs the last 50 is going up, down, or yo-yo'ing isn't the question. You only have to look at accepted historical knowledge to realize the Earth has cycled between ice ages and much warmer periods of time. The question is whether or not man made emissions has any measurable effect on global temps. From what I've seen in various studies and reading between the lines, human emissions have virtually no effect (or exactly no effect) on global temps. Not ruling out the possibility I could be wrong, but I've not seen compelling evidence as of yet.

Flash

I've spent the last couple of years arguing (on anther site) with a number of people who firmly believe Global Warming is man made. In my view they are the typical alarmist eager to blame Hummers as the scourge of the earth and Hummer owners as the most earth disrespecting people on the planet. Regardless of the number of articles linked or posted that explain the earths cycles and the sun's impact on warming, it has been a futile effort on my part.

It is good to have sites like this, devoted to the Hummer vehicle, where people can learn about the benefits and capabilities of this truck.