• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Flex your odometer

Can007

Hello everyone, I wanted to get a sense of the kinda mileage the H3 can achieve?

Any information about important engine care products, upgrades and/or services would be appreciated.

I just hit 99,000 miles on my rig.

Attachments

• IMG_2707.jpeg
    IMG_2707.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 63

650Hawk

Currently at about 166,000 on my Alpha. Regular oil changes @ 5,000mi intervals, regardless of oil monitor.

New OEM Radiator at 145K. Otherwise, nothing to note.

Jeepwalker

I-5's have some weaknesses and 200k is about where things go south. I'm at 200K and mine's getting weak.

Regardless, you have a long way to go.. enjoy!

Can007

I-5's have some weaknesses and 200k is about where things go south. I'm at 200K and mine's getting weak.

Regardless, you have a long way to go.. enjoy!
Congrats on 200k!!! I personally have seen 301k on a hummer H3.

When the time comes are you looking to rebuild, crate engine or V8 swap?

Jeepwalker

Congrats on 200k!!! I personally have seen 301k on a hummer H3.

When the time comes are you looking to rebuild, crate engine or V8 swap?

That's the thing. No crate I-5's and GM support is rapidly dwindling. Basically just what's left over. They are prohibitively expensive to rebuild. A low mile used Colorado engine is the better way to go. But yeah, if a guy doesn't have problems, I've also seen ads where people are at 300k on their Atlas engines. Mine needs attention. Or replacement. But hey, I've still got 10psi oil pressure, and good compression in 4 cylinders, let's celebrate the good! :D

08H3

There is a huge asterisk on this. For the past 2 years, it's been a 4 cylinder. I lost compression on #3. That said, it does still run. It's just in limbo until I come across a solution that makes financial sense. I still drive it around the farm just to keep the truck as a whole from sitting and rotting. Currently at 304,000.
1000002250.jpg

caveman1

Probationary Member
186,000 on my '07. Still runs very strong. Lots of low range crawling and hi speed freeway travel (75-85 mph for hours at a time) Regular 100% synthetic oil changes.