• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3T cast iron diff

RFD 51

Probationary Member
I've searched but I just can't find the info anywhere. I know that the cast iron front diff came on the alpha in "08 with or without the offroad package but does anyone know if the '09 or '10 H3 or H3t with the adventure package and the I 5 had it. It would seem to me that a front locker would pretty much need the ci.
Thanks

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
All Alphas & Championship Editions have CI diffs. Also like F5MOAB said, all H3's with front lockers from the factory have CI diffs (2009&10 with Adventure Package)

RFD 51

Probationary Member
I had found that edmunds had mentioned it under their h3t review but I couldn't tell if it included the I5 or not. Under their review of the '09 and '10 h3 they only said that the front locker was available but weren't real detailed about it. I've found that edmunds is usually pretty reliable but not always correct. I did see some for sale by TheBroken but wasn't sure if he just built them up himself or they were oem.
Thanks for the info everyone. I've been thinking about picking up an h3t next year with the adventure/offroad package and didn't want to limit my search to just an alpha. I'm not really that unhappy with my I5.

theBroken

Rule of thumb:

If the H3 or H3T has a V8 it has the CI front carrier.
If the H3 or H3T is a 2009+ and is a adventure, no matter the engine, it has the front CI carrier.

All other H3's have the CA front carrier regardless of the package or year if either of the first two statements are false.