• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Building my own LED light bar!

Kyle

Okay soo few days ago i got the idea of building my own LED light bar, soo talked to my dad and he got me some cree LEDs and some flood reflectors to put over the LEDs and abunch of other stuff needed. So today i finally got around to tinkering starting! Heres some pics of the prototype
4a6apymu.jpg
seva2upy.jpg

Sent from the top of a mountain in my h3

spillKill

that looks awesome! i have kinda thought about that myself but had no idea where to start haha
what kind of application are you going for?

Kyle

that looks awesome! i have kinda thought about that myself but had no idea where to start haha
what kind of application are you going for?

Im hoping to make this set a flood bar for the front! Just to see how it does!

Kyle

7ypu7eze.jpg

Was out working on the bar again tonight since i cant sleep for the 100th day in a row. That photo is with all the lights off and just the led bar on!

ill try and get a better photo from a different angle and more space!

LoJac963

my questions are, how are you going to aim all the LED's since a few of them look a little off and what are you doing about a housing for them?

Kyle

my questions are, how are you going to aim all the LED's since a few of them look a little off and what are you doing about a housing for them?

Thats the reflectors or lenses that are over the actual LED themselves. I just set them on there to see the difference in light. For the prototype im going to just make the housing out of card board, eventually im going to make a housing that is made out of aluminum and has heat sinks etc

Kyle

4e4a5e8a.jpg

Okay so with no other lights on except the light bar this is what the ceiling of my garage looks like!

Sneakysilver

Iv been thinking to making my own but 4 LEDs in a square shape for the back bumper have two. One on each side at a 45 degree angle to assist backing up in dark areas

Kyle

Iv been thinking to making my own but 4 LEDs in a square shape for the back bumper have two. One on each side at a 45 degree angle to assist backing up in dark areas

And theres my next project! Ill see if i can make it run off the trailer hook up!

Sneakysilver

if there mounted lower to the ground then i dont think it will blind people.

Well they are also gonna be used for night trails to see
so the part of the back bumper has some space on the ends is where I'm mounting them. If I can make them cheaper and better than buy some then ill make them but if not then of course I'm buying some