• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3T Bed cover

Mr_Rich

The tonneau cover on my 3T has weathered badly. The hook side velcro strip on the rails doesn't hook any longer. I was wondering if those strips are available. I've also had an idea that I'll throw out there. The slantback covers were outrageously expensive when they were available and now they're non-existent almost, if you can even find one. I was thinking; why not modify (as long as it's fiberglass) an existing standard shell to fit a 3T? Has anyone thought about that?

RamRod

Here is one that I spotted that tried it. The issue is our bed rails are higher then most trucks which pushed the cap higher then the cab (unless you cut)
095ed28c1e4b925db85276ecfce82878.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Mr_Rich

Interesting. I wonder which truck that shell is actually designed for. I notice that the corners on our 3T's are sharp whereas the corners on other trucks are rounded. That makes a bit of a difference to be accounted for.

Traxx

Wow, the stuff people will do. I imagine the wind hitting the front of that shell would make a racket.

Here is one that I spotted that tried it. The issue is our bed rails are higher then most trucks which pushed the cap higher then the cab (unless you cut)
095ed28c1e4b925db85276ecfce82878.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Alpha X

I believe a 2015+ Colorado CC cap would be pretty close. I'd venture a guess that cap on the white H3T is from a first gen Colorado. There seems to be a few inches height difference. Throw a roof rack on the H3T and I bet nobody would notice the height difference. Or get creative with paint.

Here are a few dimensions to compare.

Top of the front bed rail (at cab) to top of roof:
H3T: 17.4 inches
Colorado '15 +: 18.9 inches
Colorado '04-'12: 20.6 inches

Approx bed length at top of rails (add 3+ inches for overlap of cap on rails):
H3T: 60.5 inches
Colorado '15 +: 60.3 inches
Colorado '04-'12: not available at the moment, but I believe it's nearly the same as an H3T

RamRod

Also, the Tacoma bed is similar in size (the short bed version).... When I measured up putting on an AT Habitat (decided not to buy one) it was within 1'' in most of the measurements.

However, if you look at the pic I posted above, there is a slight curve at the front of the cap, yet the back window on the T is straight... nitpicking for sure but if I were to spend the cheddar I would want it to fit real nice

Geoanimal

I would recommend the diamondback. Bed cover I have had mine since 2014 and it works great. You can also get the lock for the bed so you can secure it all. Easy install and removal if needed.

rdb_84

Probationary Member
Thanks for the reply brother gonna email them. Have to settle for this I guess not to many opinions.