• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Black 2010 H3T Alpha Offroad Build in Washington State

SuperBuickGuy

it should be... it's been a piss-poor winter. I just hope we get the salvation April snowstorms.... but it honestly doesn't look like it's going to happen.

But look at the bright side, if it were snowy, that Jeep would have to stay home, all tucked in in the garage.

2010H3TAlpha

Yeah the lack of snow is baffling. It was 65 at that elevation in the sun, so very strange for this time of year. Makes you wonder what summer will be like for us, I am just getting back into wildlife photography/tracking after a 10 year hiatus and this year is definitely going to be a good one to reboot that hobby.

And LOL@the Jeep comment, he does not have lockers so you probably aren't too far off!

SuperBuickGuy

My wife has a Jeep JK, and for that reason I've been very tempted to put a tire-cover on my H3 that says "silly boys, jeeps are for girls"
however, since the Sgt. of Snohomish County SAR drives a Jeep - I've held off....

with that said, the typhoon that happened last year is still parked between Siberia and Alaska - so our normal weather pattern that comes out of Alaska has been (and continues to be) blocked by it rotating in that space.... and it's simply not moving - so more of the same for the foreseeable future

2010H3TAlpha

Hahaha, that would be a pretty funny prank for the Sgt.

Yeah this summer is shaping up to be a hot one...looks like more escapes to the high country will be in order. I just got back into wildlife photography after a ~10 year hiatus so that will give me something else to do away from the city.

SuperBuickGuy

Hahaha, that would be a pretty funny prank for the Sgt.

Yeah this summer is shaping up to be a hot one...looks like more escapes to the high country will be in order. I just got back into wildlife photography after a ~10 year hiatus so that will give me something else to do away from the city.

You coming to the NWOverland Rally?

SuperBuickGuy

they have weddings in Vegas? I thought the whole point of running off to Vegas was to get away from the naysayers - In the spirit of Vegas-that-was, maybe you can elope to the NW Rally?

carslover333

Probationary Member
Hello everyone, sorry to be off topic. But since most of you guys are from WA state, can anyone recommend a good H3 mechanic in the area?

I just bought an H3 alpha from a Texas dealer and had it shipped to Tacoma WA. Would like to find someone I could trust working on the H3. Here are some pictures:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/h3forum/5w_800.jpg
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/h3forum/KQ_800.jpg
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/h3forum/cQ_800.jpg
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/h3forum/engine.jpg
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/h3forum/interior.jpg

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your help.

2010H3TAlpha

Not sure what happened to my earlier pics but I am long overdue for an update. Went up to Victoria, BC over the weekend to pick up Snugtop Slantback from a really nice seller. He has a super clean black H3T Alpha he is selling for a steal and I suggested he list it here so it will probably be posted in the classifieds soon.

We LOVE the canopy, it has completely changed how we use the truck. The enclosed cargo room is amazing! And the truck gets tons of looks/compliments now, too funny that the canopy is the only difference.

nTfE52a.jpg

GGfU9Z4.jpg

From a trip into the east Cascades foothills a couple months ago looking for mountain lions, we had a flash warm front move through and temps jumped from 30 to 55 in only a couple hours while we were out hiking. The ground under my truck melted and it sank up to the frame. My brother in law and I were able to dig it out with a couple shovels and a LOT of rocks under the tires but wow what a pain it was; all that muddy area around the truck is that way from us collecting ~400 rocks, my back hurts just thinking about it.

I am doing solo truck trips like this on a fairly regular basis for my wildlife photography business so I am finally cranking the T-bars and installing 35's, likely Duratracs for their dual AT/MT abilities. And a winch+land anchor for super dicey stuff. It only took me 3 years to decide to level it but better late than never. Now if I had a 6.2L and 6L80E, I'd be in heaven!

grqXHB3.jpg

Last but not least, she turned 40k today!
ZXZ5Kph.jpg

Last edited:

2010H3TAlpha

Discount Tire got my 35's sooner than expected so they are now on the truck. My driveway sucks for tire pics but I'm still pretty excited to get off-road ASAP:

LigMIJG.jpg

VrD5XFt.jpg

Next, crank the T-bars and I need to find a local fabricator to install a front hitch.

2010H3TAlpha

Thanks! Amazing how quiet these tires are for such aggressive tread pattern. Hoping to get off road this weekend, maybe somewhere off the pass here.