• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What is a HUMMER collector?

Fish

I have a couple hundred FM complete collections limited edition plates I inherited from my father, holy sh*! I'm set :thumbs:

Seriously though I'm not joking :eek Have lots of Native American and cowboy collections..for sale...please buy!

SuperBuickGuy

If I'm shelling out top dollar for a rig I'd want all OEM equipment. As for something like GM vaccum hoses... I can understand. I keep looking for delco/gm/etc fuel return lines for my H1. Why? 90% of what's being sold now is made is generics that come apart after a few weeks costing me a diesel leak. Never again.

What keeps the 100% oem original things going is it shows the guy who owns the vehicle or has restored it has cared enough to keep it that way instead of working for a quick flip.

you missed the point - who rebuilds a 305?

SuperBuickGuy

Also when it comes to top dollar the 100% original cars always bring a lot more money.

Depends on the car, a Ferrari, yes - a 1980 Delta 88, not so much. Or, even in the collector world - a Model A that is pristine-how-Henry-made-it is worth a lower dollar amount that a show-quality hot rod... direct example, my dad is storing a friend's Model A, it's a nut and bolt resto, it's worth maybe 20k. The same amount of work/money spent, and that car is a hot rod that sells for 40-60k at auction.

Last edited:

2010H3TAlpha

Collector=someone with two or more of something with the primary reason being enjoyment. If the primary reason is to make money, they are a business owner. Note that there is a lot of gray area here as many people do it for both.

However, I get the tongue in cheek reason for this thread...the intended market for those trucks does not reside here lol.