• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Snorkel for H2

Mb30sdl It's worked just fine, I'm a fireman and have had to deal with many high demand situations in my area due to excessive flooding, Never had an issue on my buddies H2, that we installed it on before I started on mine, which is why I am doing it the same way.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Then what brand is the snorkel? As far as i know there is no known H2 snorkel, some of them partially assymbled from other vehicles kits and custom attachments.

MessiaH2

I was wondering myself about the air volume on that snorkel for the 6.0 ... I am going to meet renegade and soon and look it over. I guess there is a formula that would recommend X amount of air is needed and that will compute to a size opening...???

n0useforaname

Wish I could find the link again, but I saw a really nice lifted H2 with a snorkel that looked like it was designed perfectly. Kinda looked like the one in your sig (orange truck) but bigger.

LoJac963

That's the one I said looked decent earlier in the thread. Honestly I rarely go above 2k on the tach to save gas so IMO any snorkel would do. Unless you have forced induction or are drag racing I really don't see why even a jeep snorkel wouldn't work, the airflow should be more than decent.

Big2dabank

It would take a little more work for me to be happy with it, but the one in the link I posted is closer to where I think I want to go with my snorkel, when I find time to screw around with it.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
But they have fender flare and hood latch under snorkel.

I was thinking possibly moving with the hood, but to engineer something at the connection to the airbox would be way too difficult. Another possible would be to modify the hood as in cut into it so that is slides right over the piece of piping that connects the snorkel to the airbox.

LoJac963

Wait a minute, zooming in it looks like a portion of the hood has been cut away, look how far the cowel cover is from the edge. Almost like the cowel cover has been moved closer to center. Maybe its just the shadows, I don't know since the pic quality is horrible.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
You looking at wrong pic, it's a shadow. If you look closer on second pic fender flare continues with out cuts from front to back of the hood and latch is locked.There is cut out next to snorkel but I don't understand how it's connected.

If it's mounted to the hood then you cant lift it without disconnecting something.

LoJac963

MB not to change the subject but is your hood pod the Xenon pod? If so how do the lights mount? I'm thinking about picking the pod up but since the light kit isn't available I was going to use 4" round LED lights. The site says any bottom mount 4" light would work. Do you have any more pics? I have a thread about the pod over on CHO.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I was kicked out from CHO, was poking THE BEAR and he didn't like answering basic questions (see my avatar ). Any 4" lights with bottom mounting will do. Make sure you get clear cover for pod (sold separately) and check it all the time, it has tendency to pop out. I have seen guy loosing his on the road, he didn't pay attention to my waves. Paint where handles located will break with time, pod is too soft.

LoJac963

Thanks for the info, still deciding on pulling the trigger or not. I never liked them but I've been googling pics and its growing on me definitely! Thanks again!

n0useforaname

Wow.. they advertise those things to be "unbreakable"..

And not to throw the thread off.. but is Elcova forums shut down? Registration is not an option anymore. You guys were talking about CHO and it made me wonder.

LoJac963

Wow.. they advertise those things to be "unbreakable"..

And not to throw the thread off.. but is Elcova forums shut down? Registration is not an option anymore. You guys were talking about CHO and it made me wonder.

Still works for me, not sure about registration though. I'm a member of 4 hummer forums that I regularly post on.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
They are "unbreakable" It's "soft robber plastic". Installed instead of hood "louvers" so handles get reinstalled and when you tighten them they bend plastic in, so it bends and cracks paint.

n0useforaname

Oh wow. There is another company that makes a LED version for like 1,300.00. But I vowed I would never spend over 500.00 on lights ever again.. and I already bought these truck-lite ones and the duallys.. so I'm over budget :) Gotta save up for the Dmax swap.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
There is one with 4 lights, fiberglass version and its about ~$1300-1500. That one is more square.

LoJac963

They are "unbreakable" It's "soft robber plastic". Installed instead of hood "louvers" so handles get reinstalled and when you tighten them they bend plastic in, so it bends and cracks paint.

This has me thinking of not pulling the trigger on this pod. How soft is this rubbery plastic? Is the soft part just the bottom and is the pod itself very rigid? I'm just trying to figure out how durable this thing is. I don't understand why it would be made with softer material!