• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 bose GMOS-04 static/hiss when no music playing

apollo18

Hey guys I have a 2003 hummer h2 with factory bose. I installed a GMOS-04 with Pioneer NEX and everything worked great, I tuned the GMOS potentiometer to set my gain to a perfect level but then I noticed over a couple days that when I’m not playing any music, there is a hissing/static noise that comes from the speakers. I spoke to metra and they said the gain is probably set too high, so I took it apart and lowered it and now the hiss is gone but I ended up loosing my max volume. I know the NEX units start distorting around 35+ volume and now when I’m at 35 it sounds more like it’s set to a 25 or something so it’s not that loud. So now I either have to increase the gain and deal with the hiss/static and get max volume/loud enough or keep the gain low and then not really have max volume. Metra thinks my factory harness ground wire isn’t that strong of a ground and to try something on the chassis. Is that the best thing to try? Or what would you guys recommend. I don’t really wanna take it all apart again and wire a new ground if that won’t fix it.

Thanks!