• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Pulling AirBag Fuse

GreatDaneHummer

Can someone explain how the system could still be active if you are removing the fuse effectively breaking the provided power to the system. There are not any capacitors to "store" remaining current or an on board coil pack etc.. This would be an easy test if you used a multi meter measuring any residual amperage. Yes removing a fuse from a socket does not "hurt" the electronics on board but over time the reliability of the matting surfaces of the fuse being rubbed in and out will eventually lead to a weak connection possibly making it intermittent. Just my 2 cents.

Bruces

I forget what year it started but they built into the system that all safety equipment including power locks, windows and sunroofs have power after shut down for 10-15 minutes so that you can escape if submerged.

Bowser-II

Can someone explain how the system could still be active if you are removing the fuse effectively breaking the provided power to the system. There are not any capacitors to "store" remaining current or an on board coil pack etc.. This would be an easy test if you used a multi meter measuring any residual amperage. Yes removing a fuse from a socket does not "hurt" the electronics on board but over time the reliability of the matting surfaces of the fuse being rubbed in and out will eventually lead to a weak connection possibly making it intermittent. Just my 2 cents.
There probably is a small super cap, a battery is unlikely, but I did not look at the schematics.

As for the contacts, a typical rating will be for low voltage power is in the hundreds to a few thousand cycles depending on the intended usage. Some high density connectors I've used were rated to 600 insertion cycles.

Automotive and household switches 'usually' start at 250,000 cycles.

Large circuit breakers might only have five trip cycles before the arcing requires a replacement.

I imagine that few Hummer owners will wear out a fuse contact.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk