• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Back door

Clark

Hey guys and gal's
Can somebody please tell me how to adjust my back door. I hear a slight rattle and it bothers me. Please thanks!
Plus my driver side door handle seems a little loose. Do I replace it?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Back door - loosen the striker plate and adjust as needed. Door handle: if it's pulling away from the door, it may just need to have the screws tightened. If the assembly seems loose, replace.

Clark

Back door - loosen the striker plate and adjust as needed. Door handle: if it's pulling away from the door, it may just need to have the screws tightened. If the assembly seems loose, replace.
Thank you! I appreciate your input!

atvspeed4

Take the strike plate off and gently squeeze in a vice then reinstall. Its a common thing especially with 37 tire mounted as spare. It last for about a year or so then needs to be done again. We have been working on a product that will fix this but its low on our list unfortunately.

Clark

Take the strike plate off and gently squeeze in a vice then reinstall. Its a common thing especially with 37 tire mounted as spare. It last for about a year or so then needs to be done again. We have been working on a product that will fix this but its low on our list unfortunately.
Wow very interesting thank you

rascole

Is the jack inside the door moving? Any items in the cubby? Are the spare tire lug nuts tight? Spare tire mount is tight? If the door is loose I would expect to see some shiny metal to metal indicators.

Clark

Is the jack inside the door moving? Any items in the cubby? Are the spare tire lug nuts tight? Spare tire mount is tight? If the door is loose I would expect to see some shiny metal to metal indicators.
The door, the jack, the lugs are all tight. I remember a member here in an old post used a small towel wrapped around the plate. and it worked for me too I just
got tired of opening my door and having to re wrap the plate every time. Finally I just rather fix the thing....lol
but thank you for input.

zebra

we'd checked all the standard stuff to no avail only to realize months later that the plastic vent (behind the tire mount) was loose/wiggling.

Clark

I was recommended to tighten this part in a vice? The clunking noise is really trying me patience!
My jack and everything else is tight firmly.

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    745 KB · Views: 35