• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Happy Birthday Bebe!

bebe

Moderator
Messages
1,375
Location
Dayton, NV
All y'all are so sweet, thank you.

And yes - I fully exploded my first ever, inner CV. It was epic. Can't wait to post pics :) I totally deserved it !!!
 

bebe

Moderator
Messages
1,375
Location
Dayton, NV
Here are some pics before the break:

IMG_5690.jpg


IMG_5691.jpg


IMG_5692.jpg


IMG_5699.jpg


IMG_5700.jpg


IMG_5705.jpg
 

bebe

Moderator
Messages
1,375
Location
Dayton, NV
Broke my first ever - Half Shaft, since I've owned the Vehicle (June 2005). I admit, I fully deserved it... front axle locked up, wheels turned to full lock, steep BS stair steps, wrong line , Wayne Hartwig programmed torque Monster 3.5 Vortec - uh-huh

BIG BADA BOOM!!!

IMG_5725.jpg


IMG_5732.jpg


IMG_5728.jpg


Had a spare - Rick changed this $80 part in 15 minutes, back on the trail...way cool, now I know what it takes to break a one-ton Chevy half Shaft.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
The half shafts are like the H2 shafts right?

Those are so easy to change! I helped jrwid change one on John bull and it was done in no time. The H3 shafts are a bitch to change....

Is that the first time you used the front locker on the trail?
 

bebe

Moderator
Messages
1,375
Location
Dayton, NV
Yes, like the H2 shafts. Undo the bolts on the stub shaft, undo outer bolts, pull out, lather, rinse repeat...don't even have to remove the wheel. :)

@Portager...he's the Lucky one...I'm just spoiled:wink:
 
Top