• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Fordging Exhaust.

crank

The Master Blaster!
I've been thinking about adding the fordging exhaust to my wagon. I don't know what the going price is for a AMG exhaust, but I'll bet it ain't cheap!
Does anyone have the tubing layout, angles, and lenghts to have an exhaust shop build one?
Just thinking......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

crank

The Master Blaster!
I am betting you can find the parts pretty cheap -- I never wanted one because it increases the width in a bad area for wheeling and it doesn't really do too much for the civilian trucks (except look cool).

just looked at the Kascar site and they are outta stock:
https://www.real4wd.com/zedSuite/catalog/partdetail.aspx?PartNo=12339849

Thanks Ron. Yeah, I'm pretty much looking for the "cool factor". I don't think it will do anything for performance.
It looks like it could be easy to build. That is if I had the correct dimensions. The shield could be a bit tuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I'm sure any exhaust shop could tackle that one. Especially if it specializes in large trucks.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
I never have had any experience with one but a friend of mine just bought a military slant back with the fording exhaust. I agree they look cool abd you may find someone who has the parts on HML or steel soldiers.

Neo

Badfish
i haven't been looking for hummer stuff lately but a couple years ago i would see them on ebay etc. and they seemed to me to be low priced. shop around some and you can probably find the takeoffs... post some pics when you take her underwater :cheers:

crank

The Master Blaster!
i haven't been looking for hummer stuff lately but a couple years ago i would see them on ebay etc. and they seemed to me to be low priced. shop around some and you can probably find the takeoffs... post some pics when you take her underwater :cheers:

Thanks Neo. Appreciate it. I'll try a few sites plus ebay. I am an ebay freak anyway.
By the way.... I don't remember saying anything about going any where near the water. :) Is that what it's for?! :whaa: I thought it had something to do with Ford.:shifty:

frumaker

look on ebay at the user name "beltfed34" that store is in texas. I have been there and they have a lot of stuff for military hummers

crank

The Master Blaster!
The exhaust looks like new and I got it.
My only problem is the exhaust was made for a HUMMV with armor plates. He said the pipe will stick out the side another 2.5". I will need to figure out what to do to make it fit my wagon. Maybe cut a 2.5" chunk out of the pipe? Weld it together and repaint the weld. Does that sound logical or am I nutz?

frumaker

The exhaust looks like new and I got it.
My only problem is the exhaust was made for a HUMMV with armor plates. He said the pipe will stick out the side another 2.5". I will need to figure out what to do to make it fit my wagon. Maybe cut a 2.5" chunk out of the pipe? Weld it together and repaint the weld. Does that sound logical or am I nutz?

I used to work for a muffler shop and that's what we would do. Cut out a section and weld it back together. That will work just fine.

FRU