• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Need your input 1964 willys.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Hey guys i need your input on this matter.

Currently for sale there is a 1964 Willy's Jeep sale, and were lookin to get it. The reason being its similar to the one my dad had when he was young.

It has 39k original miles asking price is about 7g. Its a straight 4 cylinder

1. Is there anything specific i should look for or ask other than the normal questions?

2. How readily available are parts for a 64 willys?

Here are some pics

2012-10-25_15-12-07_325.jpg

2012-10-25_15-12-18_966.jpg

2012-10-25_15-12-27_92.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kflips

I can't help you - if no good responses - Manny at serious 4x4.com (he set up the Sunday River event) knows the guides for the run we did and one of them had one of these; he might be able to hook you up with the guy

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, I think they are cool but don't know much about them or what values/pricing should be. As simple as they are mechanically nothing can be that difficult to fix.

bebe

Just like a regular car, ask, drive and inspect.

7 K sounds a little high to me.

No shortage on parts or suppliers.

It's really cute!! (But I personally like the flat fenders)

MTUH3

Is the H3 for sale in that pic? Looks good. I would buy that. I don't know much about the Willy's, but there was a guy selling a rusted basket case for 3500 last summer near me.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Is the H3 for sale in that pic? Looks good. I would buy that. I don't know much about the Willy's, but there was a guy selling a rusted basket case for 3500 last summer near me.

Lol no, h3 is here to stay. my dad had one when he was younger, thats why were looking into it, and that the low maintenance is good for the end times haha

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Lol no, h3 is here to stay. my dad had one when he was younger, thats why were looking into it, and that the low maintenance is good for the end times haha

You may want to tell your dad some things are good as memories. Now they beat the crap out of you and ruin the good memories you had of that 50 year old Jeep. I had an old jeep years ago and there is no way I could enjoy it the way I did back then. I also agree with Bebe's it is high.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Thank you everyone for the input. My dad decided that it was too high (as others have mentioned) and wants to keep looking for something a little better :) thanks though!!

bebe

I love flatties! Those would probably be the only jeep I would ever consider owning. When did they stop making them? 50s?

First Civi Jeep was made in '52 (CJ2A)., after they sold all the surplus military jeeps to the farmers :)

You've seen pics of my 45MB. It looks like a toy next to the H3's and FZJ80 LOL