• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 stock radio swap

machineguneddie

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Can I swap out my stock single disc cd player for a stock 6 disc cd changer without any problems. I'd think there wouldn't be any difference in the wiring harness in the back but I've never seen the back side of my radio so I don't know LOL TIA

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
The physical swap is simple.......plug and play.

However, you will have to have the dealer reprogram the radio to your vehicle, otherwise the security feature will lock up the radio.

Usually a half hour labor charge.

I have swapped out two of them in the past and that was my experience in both cases.

H3DONIST

I have a 6 disc head unit from my monsoon system that I'm willing to sell if you haven't got one lined up yet. I'm not sure what they sell for on the forums.

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Hmmm. I'm really not sure how that worked. When I bought my truck I told the dealer I wanted silver, adventure, monsoon and cloth. I got monsoon and 6 disc. and a sunroof that i didn't want. :sigh:

machineguneddie

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I have a 6 disc head unit from my monsoon system that I'm willing to sell if you haven't got one lined up yet. I'm not sure what they sell for on the forums.
You say you have a head unit, does this mean there is a separate unit That stores the discs like a disc changer would have. Any idea what you would want For it. ThanksEddie