• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Heated seats

SolidusJ

I love my wife's 08 G6 because of the heated seat so much that I take her car in the morning when I go to PT. So I have to ask 2 things, 1 can I buy heated front seat for my base 09 H3T and plug them in the harnnes without mod and 2nd is does the heated seats only come in lather? Thank you for the help!

F

Former User

It would be easier and cheaper to install an after market unit. Just make sure you do you're research on brands. They make a ton of cheapo's which after a while the heater element starts to break down, eventually shorting out and burning a hole in your seat foam/cover and hopefully not you as well. Seen a few vehicles in our service drive where this has happened. 90% of the time it's from a certain shop around here that uses cheap products. I can't say what's good or bad, never had to look into it.

The seat harness part number for power seats with no heat is different than the harness with heat part number. So i assume you would have no where to plug them in/splice into. Again, i could be wrong.

But here's some prices to give you an early idea.

Drivers seat back heater element: 25810339 List price $208.81
Drivers seat cushion heater element: 25810340 List price $135.61

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I hope this helps...my parents bought a new 2011 chevy suburban without seat heaters, and it HAD cloth seats, a specialty shop installed the seat heaters in the cloth seats and put switches in, i dont know if the seat heates were aftermarket or oem added later, but you CAN put heated seats in cloth ones without too much trouble