• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wheeling in NC after Jan 23rd?

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I finally get back in NC on Jan 9th. I'm dying to go wheeling!!!. Unfortunately I won't be able to go wheeling till after Jan 23rd. I have to go to the SHOT Show for work as soon as I get home. :( Anyone out there want to organize something? I know Uwharrie is closed for the winter. Any suggestions?

Al

AbsntMnded

Closed all winter, you say? Rausch Creek is open year round on weekends. I'd hate to see your rig in person in PA... hint hint.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
What are some of the parks that you know of near you to check out other than Uwharrie?

That's the problem. I'm not familiar with any of them. The ones I know about like Harlan, are to far away. Tellico is no longer open, which was by far one of the best places in the country. :( Gulches is also out of the way.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

kflips

Jan

There are some parks out past Hinton w va like burning rock and anvil but that is 5 hours out from your ao and mine. Other than national forest trails in gw forest I don't know of much else