• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wheelers for the Wounded

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Only $25 more to go....anyone else willing to make this trip a reality for a deserving vet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

Stouttrout

Camp at COP4x4 fixed this Jeep up for him. It was his Jeep but Camp spruced it up.
372.jpg

Stouttrout

Oh and don;t think he let that work Camp did go to waste. He uses it to visit other soldiers, takes it to various events around San Antonio to help wounded soldier and raise awareness of their needs. He is paying back. As for Camp, I can not say enough good about the guy. When they met the first time he said he would fix up the jeep. They had no idea what Camp had in store. Companies all over stepped up on this one. Heck I would just like that light bar. Camp donated many of the parts and all the labor.

$25 more and think there will be enough.

Stouttrout

$25 sent

Hope this Helps!

DONE!!! I talked to Richard Cruz, he is the President of Wheelers for the Wounded. I told him you guys had sponsored Him. He wanted me to tell you Thank You. I am going to Paypal the money over to WFTW, they are going to have someone run him a Gift Credit card out. I think WFTW picked up a night in the hotel. Also, thank you guys for trusting me.

Below is snapshot of the Paypal sent to WFTW.

wftwdonation4peter.JPG

Last edited:

BlueSteeleHorse07

Wheelers for Wounded

cdarveaux where did you get that?

Stouttrout what are we doing on the 5th because it is not listed on the Woounded Warrior site schedule?

I have been perusing the Wheeler for Wounded San Antonio Chapter, for weeks, for an organization that have done this events in the past, it is not very organized, instead of finding a schedule of events in the main body of the website which refers to an event that is as important as this, an individual has to go into the "Chat" room to locate a schedule that is remotely useful. Don't get me wrong, the website offers a good synopsis of the Wheelers for the Wounded history but fails to provide that one important information: we identify the who, what, when, where, but the "how"? As it get closer to the event, the more confused I get, no one is communicating the event timeline, if Chris had not peruse the "chat" room, I would have not known what time to be there or what was expected of me. As Cool Hand Luke, 1967, would say "what we have here is a failure to communicate".

Just the other day, a retired army soldier whom I provided the information about the event, stop me in the hallway, asking if the event is still going through, he stated he registered so he can attend the event, but is clueless because he doesn't know what's going? He asked if I can provide him some information on the event, I told him straight up, I don't have any information, the sad thing is; this is a "customer", the organization's "bread and butter", and he's in the dark, kinda makes you wonder whether he will be a repeat customer.

Just my two cents. Just venting my frustration and disappointment, the sad thing about all this, the event hasn't even started and there have to be alot of "confused" customers out there who can't even begin to prepare or gear up for this event due to the lack of information.
Dan

Last edited:

bendyprissy

From the Wounded website - Tx chapter: http://wftwtx.org/schedule-of-events-on-may-4th/Schedule of Events on May 4thHere is the schedule for the days events. This is subject to change 9 am – Drivers Meeting and Volunteer Meeting at the (Pavilion) 11 am – (Event Begins) Wounded Soldier arrival 11:30 am – Lunch is served 12 noon – Trails begin til 5 pm - Activities begin and continue all day like the Moon Bounce - Face Painting 5:00 pm – 7 pm (Dinner) 7:30 – Event EndsThe site says nothing about the 5th so I am assuming it is a replica.

Stouttrout

Once you guys get there If you need to find me, Here is what to look for. BIG AND TALL. 6'-5" I will be camping in the primitive area. If you need anything, feel free to ask. Friday night we will have a hot grill in Camp B. Bring something to throw on and join us.

My Jeep:
6312_10200813010715661_662980531_n.jpg

Wifes Jeep:
398855_3952575020879_1619706022_n.jpg

My Truck:
476932_10200923128988549_1505022961_o.jpg

My Camper is the white one:
533892_10200812600065395_1921406917_n.jpg

bendyprissy

Hey guys get me a god count of how many your group has coming. Is there someone coming who has good experience wheeling and been to Hidden Falls a few times?

I sent Green1 my info as you had asked us to set up in a previous post in hopes he would put together a list. Green1 is very experienced at off-roading though I do not know how many times he has been to Hidden Falls.

We are going.

SickStringC

Frumaker, Sickstringc, ROM4D, and RSC, you guys coming?

Dan

I can't make this one - I'm working a lot of weekends right now and still paying for the week off in Moab earlier this month in the form of work that piled up in my absence. I did pass the information along to several of my Jeeper buddies and while I won't be there, I've referred at least one or two other folks that will be there. Y'all have a great time and I'll definitely look to participate next year!

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
My plan was to arrive Friday afternoon but things have changed. My right hand guy has had health issues and I am now running his department along with a project and the rest of the plant. I hate to do it but there is no way I can get away right now under the circumstances. Marble Falls is not difficult and an H3 without any UCP can easily run any trail rated a 3 that I have seen there. 4's are possible with minor planning on lines. Have a safe fun trip and we will plan a trip at Barnwell or Bridgeport soon.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't be back in Texas until the following weekend. Wish I could make this but I held off committing because I didn't think I could make it.

AFMike

I'm sorry everyone but I am out. Rearranged work to try and make it but the alternate plan fell apart so I'm on call this weekend. Frustrating because I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and helping out.

Mike