• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

WHAT'sUP H4O!! Very happy to be here with my new to me H3T from Charlottesville,VA.

FOXedupONE

Well-Known Member
Messages
92
Location
Blue Ridge Mountains,VA
Hello fellow best truck in the world enthusiasts!:cheers::horns::woot::drink::kitty::peace:

Bought some skidz from Hunner first part that arrived actually and he sent me here for further all things Hummer shenanigans and discussions.:bb:

So I got my beauty of a white H3T right before thanksgiving. Was an ebay listing I jumped on when I saw it because I knew what I wanted and was ready to buy after just selling a 2010 Jetta diesel TDI with 42mpg, so I can step into a 16mpg H3T :huh:
It's an Alpha 5.3L.:party:
It has off road adventure package.:thumbs:
It was bought with 25,000 lightly used hwy miles, looks to have never been offroad, I solved that with some muddy stream crossings and being amazed that I was pointed straight towards the sky gripping on impossibly steep slippery slopes the second day I owned it. I have to readjust my whole sense of what a vehicle is capable of doing. BTW just for reference, how many degrees side to side before an H3 tips over?:confused:

I am on a mission to remove chrome so off came the grill took it to local LineX(owner has an H1) for some glossy black bedliner.
Mirror caps are next and black handles have been ordered.
I'd like to paint the wheels matte charcoal or black. But I'd also really like a set of black steel wheels that have the holes. I have one as my spare but with no Hummer center cap that fits in the round hole. Anyone know where these steel Hummer wheels can be ordered?

Chrome sidesteps have been removed as have mudflaps that will just get clogged or smashed.
OEM Roofrail and brush guard also taken off for now.
Added this week Extang hard trifold tonneau cover along with a tailgate lock but also have a softopper campertop on the way.
Also added black locking gas cap and front tinted windows.
Coming soon install of GM UCP, Hunner skidz, rockrails and purple cranium diffcage. Also will wrap the hood in digital dark urban camo vinyl.
I'm thinking of an Autohome rooftop tent for comfy truck camping.

My fiancee does not like how the Hummer seems to be a bottomless pit of stuff you can do to it.:no: She was already whining while I was busily wet sanding away, about the "pretty" chrome being gone off the grill and the sidestep not being there to make stepping in easier.:roll: I figure there's not much use trying to explain it all to her.

Oh well LET THE FUN BEGIN! Better get most of the manly mods out of the way before I get married and she may feel like she has a say and she makes me wrap it in pink realtree camo or something after the cutting off of the balls surgery has occured!:whaa: I hear this is usually scheduled a short time after the honeymoon.:gaah:

Off to the forums it is for me, see you all on the dark side of the mountain...

Oh yeah my dog Alabama seems to enjoy riding in the back, she promised me she would behave and not try to jump out if she saw a rabbit or deer.

Why are the uploaded pics so small? Ok peace out.
IMG_1193.jpg


IMG_1191.jpg
IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1195.jpg
 

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Messages
1,483
Location
Tallmansville, WV
Welcome to H4O! You'll be right at home here with the chrome removal and off-roading your new truck. Mods are definitely addictive, and money consuming, but personalization is all part of the fun. Congrats on your new rig, hope to see you wheel it in some pics soon, or in person. GM claims 40% on the side angles, and 60% front and back. I've had mine to 35% on the side with no issues. To get larger pics, I use photobucket.
 
M

MUTAINT

Guest
Hello and Welcome from MI. Nice looking Rig you have there. Did you remove the Alpha badge???
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Great looking T...congrats & welcome to the forum. The blacked-out, LineX-ed grill came out great. :cheers:

Good luck with the upcoming mods and keep us posted on your progress (with pics of couse). :)
 

05Mudiak

Well-Known Member
Messages
731
Location
Lake Charles, LA
Welcome!!! White H3T can't get any better!!! Well unless ur a purple fan:wink:

Hope your ready to empty your wallet these guys and gals on here will get you to do it real quick:giggle: they r all bad influences:mock:

Welcome this is the best group of people I have ever met over the internet, not to sound to mushy we are deff like family on here
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
Welcome! It's awesome to see you so excited! You're going to love the T more and more as time goes on. :cheers:
 

FOXedupONE

Well-Known Member
Messages
92
Location
Blue Ridge Mountains,VA
Thanks for the warm welcome, I knew I would feel at home amongst adventurous spirits, who enjoy something a little out of the ordinary, that are interested in doing the same sort of thing I am which is basically getting out there and using and prepping our Hummers for what they were designed for and then some.

When it comes down to it Hummers really are an environmental vehicle if your appreciation and access to nature increase 100 fold just by owning one and being able to get out there and actually see the deep woods or vast expanses of the west coast etc. People poo poo Hummers stereotypical image of oversized guzzlers representing the worst of excess and consumerism but don't actually take it's true utility when it comes to outdoor activities, into account.

It's a shame they were scapegoated when it came time to axe a brand, but also kinda cool that we all own an out of production brand and are the caretakers of the Hummers we own. This fact bands us together even more so then other brand enthusiast groups, where you can just go out and purchase the latest model year version and the people will come and go. Some of us may be still be owning our rigs decades from now. What we have is all there is, there will never be anything newer or further advances then MY 2010, developing these rigs ourselves from here on out and having a group resource for knowledge base,custom products and social activities of all things Hummer is something I can get excited about right off the bat. Nice to see there is a passionate and experienced group here which is not always the case all over the internet. But it figures Hummers would draw some interesting, unique and friendly owners to the mix. After all the brand was based on vehicles designed for peacekeeping.:flag:..okay warmaking might have been part of the design brief to but we've replaced the .50cal guns with bird watching binoculars:shifty:...right?:)
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Welcome to H4O. Sounds like you'll fit in well here.

The secret to domestic tranquility is to make the money you spend on the Hummer her idea! The trick is to get her to enjoy off roading almost as much as you do or something that requires off roading. Try taking her for a ride on an easy but really scenic trail, or get her interested in bird watching, or rock hounding (my favorite), or gold prospecting or anything else you can think of that requires the ability to reach really remote places. Then when she says honey can we take the Hummer and go to ... you say boy I’d love to take you there, but we're going to need "insert upgrade" to get there and make it back alive.
 

FOXedupONE

Well-Known Member
Messages
92
Location
Blue Ridge Mountains,VA
Haha thanks for the tip Portage sounds like you've put some bit of thought into this.:giggle:

But yes we do enjoy hiking, mountain biking and now with our baby as he grows a bit older family car camping will be the best with this truck at any state or national park. I'll have to google romantic cabin rentals that can only be accessed by outfitted 4x4, doubt they have anything like that...they should. At the end of a long hard day on the trails you get to this remote oasis with a mountaintop view jacuzzi and a bottle of bubbly waiting, ya think that might get the ladies into a positive spirit towards off roading. But even without the cabin and the jacuzzi waiting just taking the H3T and setting up a little picnic somewhere spectacular should do the trick.

While I was setting up the hard tonneau cover I even commented that this would be the perfect little elevated perch to throw out a blanket or rug and some cushions on and have a little sunset meal or to use as a dancefloor under the starlight to have even the most hardened prius driving, liberal anti hummer woman(thats not mine BTW) would come around in this situation with a little Marvin Gaye pumping out of the fine sounding monsoon system.

Nice grey slantback. I wanted grey but it was not to be. Love the idea of the slide and the snugtop but I wanted to be able to carry dirtbikes so needed easily removable bedcover solutions.

Do you think if I install a bed slide I can still just mount a dirtbike and tie it down while the bike is sitting on the bedslide? The back wheel would sit over or right on the back lip of the slide and the capacity is 1200lbs should be able to be done...Hmmm I know of a dealer selling a H3T slide for $400, new is over $1000. I was just wondering if dirtbikes or motorcycles can still go in the bed with it there. Is there any reason you can see why not?
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Haha thanks for the tip Portage sounds like you've put some bit of thought into this.

But yes we do enjoy hiking, mountain biking and now with our baby as he grows a bit older family car camping will be the best with this truck at any state or national park. I'll have to google romantic cabin rentals that can only be accessed by outfitted 4x4, doubt they have anything like that...they should. At the end of a long hard day on the trails you get to this remote oasis with a mountaintop view jacuzzi and a bottle of bubbly waiting, ya think that might get the ladies into a positive spirit towards off roading. But even without the cabin and the jacuzzi waiting just taking the H3T and setting up a little picnic somewhere spectacular should do the trick.

While I was setting up the hard tonneau cover I even commented that this would be the perfect little elevated perch to throw out a blanket or rug and some cushions on and have a little sunset meal or to use as a dancefloor under the starlight to have even the most hardened prius driving, liberal anti hummer woman(thats not mine BTW) would come around in this situation with a little Marvin Gaye pumping out of the fine sounding monsoon system.

Nice grey slantback. I wanted grey but it was not to be. Love the idea of the slide and the snugtop but I wanted to be able to carry dirtbikes so needed easily removable bedcover solutions.

Do you think if I install a bed slide I can still just mount a dirtbike and tie it down while the bike is sitting on the bedslide? The back wheel would sit over or right on the back lip of the slide and the capacity is 1200lbs should be able to be done...Hmmm I know of a dealer selling a H3T slide for $400, new is over $1000. I was just wondering if dirtbikes or motorcycles can still go in the bed with it there. Is there any reason you can see why not?

Yea, the market for extremely remote B&B's is probably pretty limited and getting supplies or room service might be an issue. There are some remote cabin rentals though.

Thanks, I originally wanted Sonoma Red but settled for Graphite Metallic rather than fly 3600 miles and drive it home. I bought mine new in January 2010 and had to have an Alpha with the offroad package so there weren’t many choices available. The Graphite has grown on me. The SlantBack gives it an unusual look and attracts a lot of attention, but it is mainly so we can secure our gear and keep the dust out on off road trips. It works well for how we use our truck. I've purchased hoists to mount to the ceiling of the garage to make it easy to remove the SlantBack and the cargo slide when I want an open bed or less weight. Just haven't gotten around to mounting them yet.

Climbing into the truck bed was a pain in the a$$ and crawling in under the SlantBack was a pain in the knees. Not to mention securing everythink to the tie-down eyes or the rails was a pain. I got my cargo slide from SlideMasters :link:. Most slides only extend 50% or 70% of their length. Mine is 100% extension with 1,000 lbs capacity which is really nice. They have one with 1,500 capacity but the extension is only 70%. Also the payload capacity of the H3T is only about 1,000 lbs so you’re going to be overloaded. I think you’d be better off to pull the slide out to haul the dirt bike. I modified mine so it is held in by the 4 existing tie-down bolts, so it would be easy to unbolt it and hoist or lift it out.
 
Top