• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do to your H2 recently?

fastedmoe

Here's what I've done

So here is what I have done to my H2 got my windows retinted, after that sent it off for a new 6.0 motor to accommodate my 1200CFM supercharger . After a month getting it in to get tuned, turns out the boost and power was just to much for my front drive shaft to take it exploded and took out my transfer case
I guess turning 40 inch tires something had to give . Up graded custom built drive shaft new transfer case . Unleash the beast.

H3slate

Brush raked
So here is what I have done to my H2 got my windows retinted, after that sent it off for a new 6.0 motor to accommodate my 1200CFM supercharger . After a month getting it in to get tuned, turns out the boost and power was just to much for my front drive shaft to take it exploded and took out my transfer case
I guess turning 40 inch tires something had to give . Up graded custom built drive shaft new transfer case . Unleash the beast.
Pics or it didn't happen!

fastedmoe

Pics or it didn't happen!

96723775f18512306fad9871d29d2e81.jpg
a639ec251bcc5f83a6d17ad397994d4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastedmoe

Okay up date on the super pig made a couple of good burns , wet pavement cause I didn't want to brake anything else well that didn't last long . Let it rip from stop light after 15mph crawl spinning all four wheels after many second gear Chirps we hear a strong grab bang! We lost what we believe to be torque converter got to next stop light won't engage in any gear SML the price we pay for performance.
I am going to replace all drive Tran pieces to accommodate for all factors so any engineers out there I have a 6.0 with a Paxton 1200 cfm super charger turning 22's wrapped with 40' tires pushing @65.5 psi of fuel I spool up quick it launches up hard to the right on take off . I've got well over 15K modifications were to stop and what more should I do [emoji482][emoji16][emoji15][emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big2dabank

I replaced my transmission last week at 211,000 miles. I started loosing 1st and 4th gear off and on the week before and then finally lost both gears within 5 mins of startup and I didn't have a choice. Put in a remanufactured GM transmission with a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty and I also had the rear main seal replaced while the transition was out because it had developed a leak. Good news is the truck is back on the road and the transmission is running great, but I am experiencing a random misfire once the truck gets hot. I replaced all of the plugs and wires and it still acting up, seems like a timing thing, but I'm stumped. Truck runs great in the morning, but acts up once it gets hot. I had this issue before and never could track it down. I run top tier premium gas on a performance tune and it does not change from fill up to fill up, so I know its not a fuel quality problem. When I hammer the throttle it sounds like its starving for air or fuel, but it does show a problem on the computer. Could the full pump be acting up after it gets hot? Like I said I'm stumped on this one. I'd like to have some other options before I drop the fuel tank on this beast.

The_Mountain

For the misfire, are you seeing any codes? Supposedly the computer will set a code if it really is misfiring. You probably already saw this one, but here's a link that could help: http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/4.8L-5.3L-6.0L/how-to-troubleshoot-a-misfire-1

If the truck has that many miles, I'd be looking at coils, as well as the various sensors. I know it's not directly equivalent, but I've had more than my share of experience with mid-80s GM (a Fiero GT, a Cadillac 4100, and a Z28 with the electric carburetor), and there are any number of stupid little sensors that all have to send the right signal to the computer or the motor runs like crap. So you've got the crank position sensor, the MAF, the throttle body, the exhaust sensors, the ignition sensors, and almost certainly a bunch of others I'm not mentioning. Even if you're not seeing trouble codes, it might be worth just going through and replacing as many of those as you can reasonably afford to. I know some are stupidly expensive, like the MAF, but with that many miles I wouldn't be surprised if something wasn't quite working right. Since it seems to be temp related, I'd start with coils, then intake and exhaust sensors, then fuel, and last would be mechanical sensors like the CPS. Something else that you might look at, would be to do a compression check on the motor.

loud_pipes

Reviving this old thread. Added a 52” light bar. No drilling, no altering of the market lights. Used 3m molding tape and RTV silicon gasket maker. I have a video driving to show the lighting improvement, but I can only seem to load pics.
ae62a64427e00d188b38f51199acbeb0.jpg
446dcc51a14c2886508d2a6f965b9cfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

loud_pipes

Reviving this old thread. Added a 52” light bar. No drilling, no altering of the market lights. Used 3m molding tape and RTV silicon gasket maker. I have a video driving to show the lighting improvement, but I can only seem to load pics.
ae62a64427e00d188b38f51199acbeb0.jpg
446dcc51a14c2886508d2a6f965b9cfd.jpg

Here’s another look from above. Shows how the moonroof and wind deflector are also unaffected.
74f26cb7924c4a3d0424dd9a6b2468db.jpg

glpd74

I just had that happen to. I took the arm bracket off, cut and drilled out the pin so I could use a bolt and nut and not have to worry bout again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shortbus

I just had that happen to. I took the arm bracket off, cut and drilled out the pin so I could use a bolt and nut and not have to worry bout again.

I was going to go that route, but was worried about it binding...it's nice to be able to just slide under the deuce without having to get out a jack, I keep a spare now so it should be a non-issue.

glpd74

I replaced the bushing to. I just wanted to make it more secure. It one thing for me to roll under the truck to replace it if it happened again but not for the wife if she is out and about with the deuce. Also corrosion could become an issue on the pin and keeping the bushing snapped in but I thought I saw your from Houston so prolly not that big of an issue for you.

Shortbus

Just replaced the factory headlights and driving lights with Auxbeam Led's....what a difference. Will try to get a couple pictures tonight to post. Plug and play simple 5 min install.