• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Virgin Hummer

jwilson

Active Member
Messages
32
Location
Columbus Ohio
Hello to all I am glad to be here :)

2006 H3
Latest adventure - Electrical failures (Failing battery replaced)
Next adventure - Failing alternator (How to get it out)

JW
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Welcome!

I have never worked on that particular part, but I am sure someone here can help you out.

I take it you have an I5?
 

ArtHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Gaithersburg/MD
Welcome to the forum.

It's pretty easy to take the alternator out... There are couple of screws that holds it on top, behind the black bracket and one right under it, close to the pulley. Do not forget to disconnected your battery cables, because you will need to unscrew the positive terminal wire and there are plenty of places where you can short it to.
 
Last edited:

6pack

Active Member
Messages
25
Location
Eldersburg, MD
Welcome!

Can you get to the bolts from the top? I would have thought you needed to pull the inner fender liner to get at the bolts for the wheel well.
 
Top